 Robotics / RCX / 1309
Re: Help!! no serial port in new laptop pc!!!!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 18:29:24 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Rob Hendrix writes:
I can't hook up my ir tower to my new laptop, and the IR tower for MS 2.0 is
not due out for another six weeks!!!!!!!  My home computer finally bit the
dust, so I bought this laptop Saturday without even looking at the serial
port (or lack thereof).  Has anyone successfully done any outputs with
Parallel, USB, or Firewire?  These are the ports I have available.

There are external Serial ports that you can buy and plug into your USB ports.
I would think that might be the easiest way to go.

Eric Kingsley