 Robotics / RCX / 1313
Re: Help!! no serial port in new laptop pc!!!!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:22:27 GMT

I have successfully used a Belkin USB to Serial Adapter on my IBM laptop.
Below is a link to the latest model:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Product_Id=
91042

Dave

"rhendrix" <rmhendrix@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I can't hook up my ir tower to my new laptop, and the IR tower for MS 2.0 • is
not due out for another six weeks!!!!!!!  My home computer finally bit the
dust, so I bought this laptop Saturday without even looking at the serial
port (or lack thereof).  Has anyone successfully done any outputs with
Parallel, USB, or Firewire?  These are the ports I have available.

thanks for the help
Rob