 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1174
Re: Strange happenings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:26:19 GMT

Dave Baum wrote:

Looks straighforward.  Perhaps an NQC bug.  Can you email me the
complete program and also compile with the -l option and send me the
listing (or if you're using an IDE, then there should be some menu
choice to produce a disassembly list)?

It was very odd, I've been having a lot of problems with that onfor command.
I had a command that was supposed to go for 1 second.  OnFor(AOUT_B,100);
and it would NEVER stop. I changed it to 10 and it worked for a bit then
stopped. It just wasn't working right.

Now when I changed the batteries to new ones everything worked again. I'm
not sure if that was the cause but who knows?

If it works there are three more commands I'd like.

OnFwdFor
OnRevFor
OnToggleFor

You you want the code even if it's working? Or wait until it's acting up?

Thanks Dave

Dean

Dave Baum
dbaum@enteract.com

In article <3B4CFBDF.1A31A9B@akasa.bc.ca>, Dean Husby
<nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote:

I'm using NQC 2.3r1 with the following code bit.

task Fidget() //The Fidget task
{
while (true)
{
Wait (FidgetTime);
Fwd (OUT_B);
OnFor (OUT_B,100);
HeadPos = 1;
Wait (FidgetTime);

Rev (OUT_B);
OnFor (OUT_B,100);
HeadPos = 0;
Wait (FidgetTime);

Rev (OUT_B);
OnFor (OUT_B,100);
HeadPos = 2;
Wait (FidgetTime);

Fwd (OUT_B);
OnFor (OUT_B,100);
HeadPos = 0;

}
} //End Fidget Task

Here's what it's supposed to do.

Wait the wait time then turn it's head left. Wait some more then turn
it's head back to centre. Then Right, then Center again.

Here's what it does.

Turn's left.
Makes a feable buzzing sound for the TURN right. Then moves right then
buzzes again.

Any ideas? This is so simple I can't have done it wrong?

Dean

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com