 Robotics / RCX / Java / 98
Re: Is anyone using Java+RCX in their intro CS teaching?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 11:16:08 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, David J. Barnes writes:

I am quite interested in looking at the ways in which
using the RCX as a vehicle for actually teaching Java
might affect the way in which Java material is taught
on an intro course.

David,

I cannot answer your question directly, but I have done
some work which may be related to your interest.
A while back, I wrote a small-scale Java application
that simulated a 2-D mobile robot.  The interactions between
the simulator and the robot simulacrum were based on an
event model very much like that provided by the Java AWT...
the more I worked with it, the more it seemed like a
natural way of working the mobile robot problem.
I've got source code and notes at

   http://rossum.sourceforge.net/sim.html

                                              gary