 Robotics / RCX / 1297
Re: working c++ program?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:38:32 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Jason Stern writes:
Does anyone have a working c++ rcx program? I'm having trouble getting
microsoft visual c++ 6.0 to integrate spirit.ocx successfully. Maybe if
I had a working program to look at, I could figure it out. I got spirit
"installed", however, I can't use any of the commands. The activeX
control tester that came with c++ shows that spirit is working (i can
run commands one at a time), but i can't run in program commands. each
time I try to run something like m_rcx.Initcom() I get errors, like
missing ";" before the ".". occasionally, i also get m_rcx undefined,
but I did declare it as a member variable. Thanks for any help

Jason

Hi Jason,

did you declare it as a control member variable ?

1.  Project\Add To Project\Components and Controls...
2.  Registered ActiveX Controls
3.  Choose "Spirit Control" then "Insert"
4.  Put the Spirit Control (the Lego Sign) in your Window(Dialog)
5.  Right-click on the Spirit Control, ClassWizard
6.  Member Variables - Add Variable (IDC_SPIRITCTRL1 highlighted)
7.  Give the control a name. Category must be Control.

Now you should be able to use spirit.ocx.

I've prepared a little sample. But I use german mfc-classes, so i have to
include them. Because of that the ZIP-file is somthing less 1MB. Please let
me know if you want to have it.

Rainer