 Robotics / RCX / 1295
1294  |  1296
Subject:
Drive a motor using the sensor port - safe?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 02:21:36 GMT

I accidentaly discovered that when the sensor port on the RCX is set to light
sensor type, a motor connected to it will run.  The motor can only run in one
direction with a low torque, but it can be useful when you just need the extra
motion and don't need the sensor input.  Also I found that in raw mode,  I got
1023 when the motor is running free, and then it reduce as I add more friction
to the motor, and return 0 when the motor was stopped.

My only concern would be that is it safe for the RCX?  I could not find any
information about it in MindStorms RCX Sensor Input Page
(http://www.alynk.com/usr/gasperi/lego.htm) or in this group, and I have
forgotten everything in Electronic 1, 2 & 3 right after the last exam. ^_^;