 Robotics / RCX / 1304
Re: Maximum sample rate (turn rate) for rotation sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 22:20:20 GMT

The hardware can actually do (in my testing) up to ~3000 rpm with good
accuracy. The problem is with the standard software, which cannot do more than
some low number (which may or may not be 500, I don't recall) because of how it
samples the HW.
Luis

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Gary Lucas writes:

Does anyone know the correct maximum sampling rate
for the Lego rotation sensor?   This morning I noticed
that Dave Baum gives a value of 1250 RPM in his
"Definitive Guide" (page 29), but looking at

  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/9756

I see a value of 500 RPM.  Which is correct?

Thanks.

                                 gary