 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *5759 (-100)
  Re: rtlToronto13 Multiple Robots and Scoring

I'm baaa-aaack! :) (...) Don't forget: 3 points if you fling your opponent clean out of the arena >:) Should make those close games interesting. Jeff E (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto13 Multiple Robots and Scoring

(...) The one possibility you missed is both robots on the bottom at the end of time. Does this also score 1 point each. Will Chris still have the ability to score points in this match or should be make it 0 points for no-one on the box. :-) Derek (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train that runs on tires.

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:H5qI98.C9z@lugnet.com... (...) runway) (...) But Innovia is weird. It looks a bit like an unhappy toaster traversing a roadway made of biscuits. *sigh* and AirTrain used to be painted a (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train that runs on tires.

"Iain Hendry" <militaryduckjock@rogers.com> wrote in message news:H5pMAM.Dqw@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) routes (...) We (...) Which is exactly why they are building a new one. The new one (which you can see under construction really well from a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: rtlToronto13: Last Bot Standing

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:H5EG0A.LBu@lugnet.com... (...) Standing: (...) Iain (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train that runs on tires.

"Derek Raycraft" <derek.raycraft@sitraka.com> wrote in message news:3DCFDECA.704060...aka.com... (...) You are so good. Iain (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train that runs on tires.

"Lewis Valentine" <lewisv@nitorco.com> wrote in message news:H5F9tK.KL5@lugnet.com... (...) rather (...) Load bearing tyres on a horizontal axis provide the support and motive traction; wheels pressing laterally against guide rails provide steering (...) (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train that runs on tires.

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:H5F8uH.HHJ@lugnet.com... (...) is (...) I was actually really dissapointed with DFW's AirTrain. Certainly ahead of it's time, with more than 30 stations and trains following different (...) (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train that runs on tires.

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3DD00B28.EB4662...ing.com... (...) Yes, many! Adtranz is a very common supplier, Matra has a VAL 256 at O'Hare, and a 206 at Orly in Paris. A few airports have Otis HOVAIR shuttles, including (...) (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train that runs on tires.

"Ed McGlynn" <ejmcglynn@netzero.net> wrote in message news:H5H48q.1MD@lugnet.com... (...) DFW: (...) terminals (...) DFW is geting Adtranz's first Inovia shuttle. It's an updated of their very successful design based on the original Westinghouse (...) (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  rtlToronto13 Multiple Robots and Scoring

(...) I got this question over email-with Chris' reply below. I think it needs to mentioned that no part of the robot can touch the floor to be "on the box". Ithink the official answer is yes, we will allow multiple robots. However, I'd like to (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Friday Dinner Absenteeism

With every intention to lose this cold, it persists. I know that friends share and all that, but I'm very selfish when it comes to my germs--I keep 'em to myself (not enuf people in the world keep their germs to themselves... oh well) Anywho, I'm (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Delightful Radio Shack VIC20 Robot Article

<snip> (...) camera, actually we did not cut them in half we took the tiny metal plate off the top, to expose the actaul IC, and put a lens in front of it, got 1 or 2K resolution, with a split in the middle since the chips were made in two halves. (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) Unfotunately, I won't be able to make it to tomorrow's dinner, as I have work until 5:30 to 6:00 PM near Buffalo. I can't really stay out too late on Friday, as on Saturday morning, I have drill. I went to Toronto last Saturday, and I really (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

Thanks for uploading the pictures Ben. I've been trying to view them to see what I missed as I cowered in my basement with my tail between my legs believing that I would be the only one to show up with an almost, but not quite working robot. I was (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  where are the monkey pic's

HEY!!! Calum, will we ever see the monkey game pictures on line again? at last remove the link and add a note that you are too busy to restore the file! :) -- Chris (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Delightful Radio Shack VIC20 Robot Article

(...) Oh man, yeah. Jim Butterfield rocked. (...) TPUG: The Scariest Set of People You'll Ever Meet, and We Don't Mean rtlToronto Members. (...) You see, that's the kind of obscure knowledge you don't need for modern PCs: CALL -151 (Apple II ROM (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl 13...

(...) Steve: I wonder if maybe I was not fully clear on the not-a-real-game battle bot lego style rules. the object of the battle bot game would be to "disable" the other robot, NOT to smash the RCX into little bits. granted if the bot got broke it (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Zellers BOGOHO

(...) Thanks Gail! Jeff VW (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Delightful Radio Shack VIC20 Robot Article

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang writes: <snip> 2 words: Jim Butterfield! Oooooohhhhhhh.. TPUG!! Double Ooooooooohhhhhhh!!!! V=53248 sys 32768 Oh the 64 memories come flooding back. Saving up for the 64 Reference Manual! Stop it! Stop it! (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train that runs on tires.

(...) I thought that too, when I saw this creation. It is a very annoying ride. I came across two links that describes the new "Automated People Mover" at DFW: (2 URLs) refer to the new APM that DFW's building to connect the new terminals to the old (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Delightful Radio Shack VIC20 Robot Article

(...) Yeah, when I saw it, I was floored. I used to have a stack of Transactors that the school library gave me, because no one was interested in them. Read every paragraph, sentence and word of them. Problem was, I never really understood the nitty (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl 13...

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang writes: <snip> (...) And the 'have fun' factor--don'tforget how important that is... When Rob brings in his 1 to 4 axle multiplexor, there's neat-o stuff for ya! When Iain shows off his Tiji 'bot--awesome! (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl 13...

(...) They're not his kids. Now on the other hand, watching Chris handle his own children will be a hoot. "Boutros-Boutros! You get cleaning your room now!" (...) Trust me, we do the same--we've helped sell a LOT of Mindstorms systems over the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  End of an era...

Yep, after a long time, I finally took down my webcam-blockstacking'bot. I snivved pieces from my webcam'bot for my block stacking 'bot for the competition last weekend, but when I got home yesterday, I was not inspired to put my webcam'bot back (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) I thought the kid was going a little too far back when he was taking the picture, but oh well... Now that I've mostly caught up on my sleep, I'm feeling much better. At leasth te bags under my eyes are gone. I spent the better half of last (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl 13...

(...) Some day, you're going to make a great dad. NOT. :) (...) I can see good reasons for both (kids or not). It's kind of like the 'custom sensor' argument. I could argue either side. I must point out something interesting that I found in the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Delightful Radio Shack VIC20 Robot Article

(...) Oh My Goodness!! That brings back soooo many memories. There was an article in a much later Transactor which interfaces the same Radio Shack arm with the 64. The 64 had a much easier hardware interface 'cause the 'user port' was much akin to (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Delightful Radio Shack VIC20 Robot Article

(URL) a scan archive of one of the most amazing magazines ever-the Transactor. While other computer magazines of the 80's focused on boring BASIC games you could key in, the Transactor (named after the Commodore PET) was a hardcore hacking journal, (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl 13...

(...) There are a couple different threads mixed here. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Chris and David ask if I would participate in an all out, unlimited battle bot style event, where the goal was to 'destroy' the other robot. To that I say 'no'. However, (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl 13...

(...) I'm not sure I follow your logic here. That has nothing to do with the fact we're probably not going to do a large sumo game. We're not going to do a large sumo game primarily because: a) Sumo is boring and far overdone by everyone everywhere (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl13 - King of the Hill - was Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) ....brings true meaning to "no holds barred competition" that should be entertaining to the kiddies!!! :) Ben (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl 13...

(...) What concerns me with this current thread is Steve previously posted the "risks" of playing the game and the "lack of rewards" of competing. I think we are fortunate that Calum was able to get something from Lego Direct in the first place. All (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtl13 - King of the Hill - was Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) <snip> I think Calum posted the idea earlier, but here's the gist: the arena is 8x8 feet with 6 inch walls. in the center is a 2x2 foot by 6 inch platform. From each corner of the arena is black electrical tape going to the platform, for a (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl 13...

(...) in a word.....none. any one can make a sumo robot... heck even me. Your ideas for creating a "kid friendly" lego robot playground are noble, BUT the number one reason RTLToronto was founded (and I know this cause I am one of the three (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

Dave, I'm not sure why BUT I find that this is a GREAT picture (URL) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

This part didn't show up to well on my last reply I would be willing to help out with and enter in a dragracing game for a 1/2 time event. Kids would love that and everybody could build one and it doesn't require a RCX. It could be run pretty quick (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train that runs on tires.

Hi, Here is a page with some good prototype information: (URL) top of the page is the history of the system, the bottom shows the current implementation (including what happens if a tire runs flat...). Greetings, David (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) I'm in for this one and there even is enough time to get a robot ready. Is the box in the inside going to be a different colour than the outside wall? (...) Sounds like fun too. (...) Ie, a game that is so easy, it can be run (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtl 13...

You know, I was just thinking about this and I have a big suggestion for rtl13. (I know it's already been decided, but that could change...) This message turned out very long. Bear with me... What about just having a big sumo event. I mean a really (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train that runs on tires.

(...) I think there are other airport transport systems which also use tired vehicles. (...) I seem to remember seeing pictures of the Paris subways with tires. If I'm recalling right, they had horizontal tires also which run against the walls of a (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  [rtlToronto] November Dinner and Tub/RIS Deal

Hi folks: rtlToronto November Monthly Dinner Friday November 15th, 2002, 6pm Swiss Chalet 2955 Bloor St W at Royal York Toronto, ON M8X 1B8 By TTC: Subway to Royal York Station, walk south to Bloor, and go east on Bloor. Restaurant is on south side. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) I'm not sure. Probably never again soon: rtl12 was the third time we did Blockstacking and we've never done a contest more than three times. In fact, we haven't repeated contests for nearly a year or so-it's always been new stuff. Unless (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang writes: <snip> (...) I just finished uploading my rtl12 page. Have a boo here: (URL) for those that are curious, the webcam'bot is not functional at this time--i needed pieces (especially the RCX) for rtl12. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train that runs on tires.

(...) Hmmm, The subway system in Paris France has trains that run on tires. I was rather supprised when I saw them. I don't remember exactly how they stayed on the track though. From what I understand the paris subway has several different styles of (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Battle brick?

(...) Oh, I think Steve knows our style real good now :) Seriously, I agree, though I'm less concerned with the RCX (which, after seeing Robert Ziman's bowling pin entry for rtl11) than the breaking of beams and other Technic components. Gears and (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train that runs on tires.

Interesting idea. It reminds me of the airport train in Dallas TX, not really a train, more of a automated bus running on a hotwheels track. It is a rough ride for sure. jt (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Train that runs on tires.

A while back at a rtlToronto dinner a bunch of us were looking through new catalogs when we came across the new Racers sets. I think many in the group had a similar thought but Iain was the first to vocalize it. Wouldn't it be cool to make a train (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  rtl11 and rtl12 Pictures

I've put pictures up on brickshelf from rtl12. And I finally got around to putting up pictures of rtl11. I think they have already been moderated. rtl11: (URL) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) Well, I had a great time--even if I was completely incoherent... But there's nothing new with that. The 'bots that were there were inspirational--even Chris's 'bot. I just wish I took more pics... oh well. More than that... who knows. Saturday (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Battle brick?

Saturday night, I was asked if I would enter an all-out, unlimited LEGO battle-bot event. During the twenty-nine hours it took me to return home (Nothing bad. Just several stops.) I had a chance to think about this. The answer is 'NO'. I would not (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto13: Last Bot Standing

(...) So will the central pedestal be distinguishable by color from the edge walls or do the Robots just 'need to know' where they are? (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) ...and I uploaded them...they are still haven't been cleared for public view. When they get cleared, here is the folder: (URL) a teaser pic ... "Hey Mister, your... (URL) " (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtlToronto13: Last Bot Standing

Hey guys, Here's a photo to get you all thinking about the March event, Last Bot Standing: (URL) still for rtlToronto13: Cherry Pie. Two robots enter. One pastry leaves. Mmm. Institutional cherry pie filling. (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Priceless

(...) It was great to meet up with you again Steve-I really hope you can make it up for rtlToronto13 in March for the next challenge. You've seen how it works now-event and project conception. (...) I really hope Chris didn't scare you off too much, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Priceless

Gas for the 10 hour trip to Canada (and back): $100 Dinner at Mel's: $26.64 canadian Hotel on the return trip: $95 canadian Meeting a dozen people just like me*: Priceless There are some things that money can't buy. For everything else, there's... (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

On the way home, I thought of a robot that was nothing like what anybody had, and could possibly be competitive... and more importantly, something that I could actually engineer and program! So... when are we doing this game again? -Greg (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a good game .. lessons learned

(...) Well Calum was acting in his capacity as "game official" and was busy using his "project management skills" elsewhere. (...) Yeah, but I think the rest of us, especially Bruce, had fun saying it. (...) Yeah that was very cool to show up 2 (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) Even though Chris' robot was next to useless (well at least he had a robot... pointing fingers mostly at myself), it was really nice. To me, it looked like a stylish miniature snow blower or lawn mower. The front of his 'bot was ok but if he (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

(...) YEP, magnanimous as ever. I cant help but notice that YOUR name is not on that list..... yet you are tossing the biggest stones. Even though my poor, small, yet entertaining and noble robot garnered few points, I still managed to have (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtlToronto12 Results and Notes

Hi folks, By traditional rtlToronto scoring, 2 points for a win, 1 each for a tie, and 0 for a loss, the rankings were: 1. Dave Koudys (Stoney Creek, Ontario) 2. Bruce Sheridan (Mississauga, Ontario) Ka-On Lee (Ottawa, Ontario) Trevyn Watson (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  a good game .. lessons learned

We had a nice turn out of people with robots and "almost" robots. (its ok Greg, it was a nice try you too Jeff W) We even had Calum show up with ..... NOTHING. And we had a few loyal audience members. On an up side THAT PUNK KID did not dare show (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: blue creator tubs on sale at TRU...

-snip- Just to add, my dad picked one up for me at Target. He got one of the last two (to bad I wasn't with him, there wouldn't be any left : )) I'll check to see what price they have over there. Just adding. Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Fw: blue creator tubs on sale at TRU...

  Re: blue creator tubs on sale at TRU...

(...) Just a quick update. Thursday night when I went there they had about 9 or 10 or them. I went there Friday night (to buy 2 of them, as I didn't have any, yet), and there were only 3 left (now, as of last night, there is just 1) ;) Talk about (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  good thing I am an Organizer... was Re: AHHH

its a darned good thing I am one of the organizers of this event, Because if someone ELSE showed up with a robot that does what my beast does..... then I'd have to disqualify it AS UNSAFE. now, instead of programming, I'm trying to find a way to (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: AHHH

(...) 9 p.m. break to forage for food and to watch an episode of Sports Night Sports Night, being one of the best shows that was ever on in the history of television... so good in fact that someone here decided to buy the entire series on DVD and (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Spybotics book!!!

(...) Will do... Ben, who very much enjoys going to Owen Sound on the way to visit the Bruce Penninsula (Wiarton). (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: AHHH

(...) Nice--lego = awesome prototype build all these sub-assemblies and make sure they work on their own, then put them together and realize that it does.... not pick up a block... well--letterman, craigers, whatever's on ckvr (hopefully knight (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  AHHH

Lego is the best prototyping system... I can go from a pile of loose bricks and sub assemblies, and in just a matter of hours make a complete pile of ..... CRAP! OK, its not really a block stacker as it is a block flinger. BUT if i rub my lucky (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: No longer live in fear...

This makes me laugh. ha! You want to talk about no rest. Pitty me. When I leave work at 5:00, I'll start by driving 3 hours to see my in-laws. Then, after a quick dinner, and short visit (as short as possible), it's back on the road for the trip to (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: No longer live in fear...

(...) K, live in a little fear--I'm working out in my head a few things here at work, as well, thank goondess, I installed RCXCC, so doing some non-tested programming... Now I go home and see what I can do there. No rest for me... Take care. Dave (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: Spybotics book!!!

(...) Oh, and highlight the following post on LUGNET (URL) Cheers, Ralph (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Spybotics book!!!

K, just for whatever reason, nothing terribly important... Have a boo at this link over at BimP (URL) find the the little blurb about the new Spybotics book written by Canadian resident, Ralph Hempel. If you have a way of viewing PDF files, look at (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  neat set available on E-bay...

Hi. just posting that I found a real rare and neat set on Ebay. (URL) a 1772, Airport Cargo Loader (Airline Promo) Anyways, just thought I'd post it... Ben (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  blue creator tubs on sale at TRU...

I went to toys r us last night, and noticed they got a shipment of $30.00 tubs in. They are on sale for $19.99... $10 off... They are on sale until Christmas Eve. Just thought I'd post. Thanks, Ben. (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: No longer live in fear...

(...) Listen, I'm gonna make a token effort and making a blockstacker via Rob's well documented plans tomorrow evening, so don't give up! (...) There's always coding at work. Hell, most of ProjectX was done at work earlier this year. :) Get your (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  No longer live in fear...

So... Ummm... K, here's the thing-- I've done this before! Why oh why can't I get a 'bot to function properly this time? It's thursday, well, friday at 1:45 a.m. and I've just put all the parts 'n pieces together and yet it just won't work. And I (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: it's too hard...

(...) Don't feel bad about it, because I've never understood how to do the stacking contest. I sat down around rtl7 or whenever we did he first one and it was damned hard in one RCX. I tried, but failed, largely due to complexity and apathy. This (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: it's too hard...

(...) Don't sweat it.... wait till you see what i cobbled together... (...) OK. ".. Shh, now Greg, this ... is the Quiet time. If you want to, we'll let you play in the Drama/Puppet center. run along now..." :) Chris (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  it's too hard...

After two weeks of robot building, I have a mighty feeble robot. I'll be bringing it on Saturday, but I don't think I'll be entering. Sigh. I thought this competition wouldn't be that difficult (for me at least!), but it was. I guess I can be like (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] November 9th Confirmed for rtlToronto12: Blockstacking Reloaded

(...) Thanks for the tip Ka-On I was working off the premise that 1 foot = 1x16 x 2 beams + 1x6 x 1 beam = 38 studsish (remembered that from original sumo competition in Guelph, where the big borg cube was fitted with those beam lengths to hold it (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] November 9th Confirmed for rtlToronto12: Blockstacking Reloaded

(...) You sure can... Ah VISA, welcomed where ever Lego Products are sold... (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] November 9th Confirmed for rtlToronto12: Blockstacking Reloaded

(...) Unless there is something REALLY odd about your card, yes, you can. However if you plan to make large or unusual purchases you may want to call your security department and let them know... I have run into trouble there in the past when (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] November 9th Confirmed for rtlToronto12: Blockstacking Reloaded

(...) Just grab a bunch of long plates/beams and build a 57 stud long scale. And remember the robot only got 3 minutes to run around. (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] November 9th Confirmed for rtlToronto12: Blockstacking Reloaded

Well, I don't have the "No Sleep" problem, YET. However, I don't expect to be able to take Friday off work. That just leaves me with a REALLY long drive on Friday night. Will I be disqualified if I fall asleep on the playing field? I really have no (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] November 9th Confirmed for rtlToronto12: Blockstacking Reloaded

(...) Don't worry Matthias, We always have kids distributed sporadically around the arena, occasionally leaning on the edges, which sometimes causes the towers to fall over. Most of the time, though, they point at a yellow robot and say, "Hey (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Two Brickfest videos

Here's two clips from Brickfest 2002. One is the winning entry, Doug Carlson's crevasse crosser: (URL) second is Rob Stehlik's entry, which was quickly built and sent along with JeffVW: (URL) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  metrostation 4554...

Hi. just posting that finally was able to obtain a 4554 from Europe for the price of $45 US including shipping (from Germany) I have yet to put it together, but it looks like a very nice set!!! Thanks, Ben (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Block colour

(...) FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!! we all agreed 18" even at that 18" is HUGE, and you want to show up with a 2' beast. why don't you just make it 4' x 4' and have it sweep the board in 10 seconds... :) we have a rules page..... rule 5 says 1 1/2 feet. (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Block colour

(...) I have 15ish, I'll bring 'em Can we get a ruling on the size of hte 'bot... I'm kinda a little outside the 18 inches... but under 24... (2 feet) Was wondering... is okay? Back to the 'bot... Dave K (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Block colour

(...) I can bring a bunch (25 or so?) - I knew that that $2.00 bag of 2 x 2 black tiles that we got at the lego store in arlington would be needed. Jeff VW Who once again has a working prototype... and is stuck on one problem... (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Block colour

(...) I think we're restricting it to black blocks only. Cripes, now I have to go and find 40 black blocks. Calum (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Top Ten Possibities on what the Surprise Can Be!!!

(...) Speaking of which..... I was at Winners today to buy three 8236's ("Bike Burner" for those, like me, who don't speak numberese) because I need (so far) 13 of the tires for competition and I didn't have enough. Anyway, the first one I found was (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] November 9th Confirmed for rtlToronto12: Blockstacking Reloaded

(...) Live in fear? Well maybe. If my rover doesn't improve drastically, my stacker isn't going to get enough to eat, and it's a hungry beast. My current record is 14 blocks BTW - and that's on an un-even table. This event has actually convinced me (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: ECRG wrap up and notes

(...) Hey excellent! Are you going on Saturday? Maybe we can chat on the way down? (147.18 perhaps? Actually onything on 2m or 70cm would be good) Do you frequent any local repeaters otherwise? I'm getting tired of talking to the same old crowd :-) (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Block colour

If we have rainbow blocks the light sensor will be useless for block detection. Can we have a more restriction on block colours, like only black and white or only white and yellow? (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Arena...

(...) I will look into possibilities. (...) I do. Someone email me and remind me to charge it up Friday night. I think I still have Mario's 5/16th when I borrowed it from him like a year ago. Calum (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Arena...

Collapses down to 4' x 8' with 4 walls being 1"x6"x8' I'm mentioning this 'cause I have no place for permanent storage for this thing, so when I get it to T.O. on Saturday, it can't come home with me. So this thing needs a kind home, someone who is (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Top Ten Possibities on what the Surprise Can Be!!!

Based on Richards "Questions", I have decided to post a Top Ten list on the possibilities of the surprised based on David Letterman's Top Ten list. Warning: These are all MOST Likely FALSE!! They are intended to be humerous!!! So Enjoy!!! 10. Calum (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact