 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5666
Re: Top Ten Possibities on what the Surprise Can Be!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 06:14:49 GMT

8. A Special Trip (in Calum's Van) to a "WINNERS" Disbribution Centre to
pick up some new LEGO to help the centre reduce some excess LEGO inventory.

Speaking of which.....

I was at Winners today to buy three 8236's ("Bike Burner" for those,
like me, who don't speak numberese) because I need (so far) 13 of the
tires for competition and I didn't have enough. Anyway, the first one
I found was marked $3.99. Pretty good for 60 pieces, I'm thinking, so
I find two more (I needed them anyway), but they still had the $5.99
price sticker on them without a red discount label. I'm thinking "OK
so they couldn't reach the ones at the back of this collossal mess
they call the toy department" and I take them all up to the cashier.

THEY WON"T GIVE ME THE OTHER TWO FOR $3.99 EACH!!??  Grrr

"Why" I ask...

Their answer - the other two boxes don't have the same "style" number
- their word for it - it's printed as such on the label.

BUT IT"S THE SAME PRODUCT!!!

Yes, but the "style" number is wrong.

SO???

Well, that means it arrived on a different truck.

SO???

Well, I have to sell it to you for $5.99.

"But this makes no sense. If you've marked them down because you're
over stocked, what difference does it make what truck it came in on?
It's not like it's milk with an expiry date.

Well, I still have to sell it to you for $5.99.

The bottom line here folks, is that if it wasn't for all the bargains
that can be had at Winners, this would have been enough to make me not
go there anymore. However the contest is a week a way and I need
another four tires (at least). It's just bloody annoying. I noticed a
few other sets there that were also marked down more on some boxes
than on others, so anyone shopping there, be warned. Unless, of
course, your local Winners has more sensible employees.

Matthias Jetleb