 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5749
5748  |  5750
Subject:
rtlToronto13 Multiple Robots and Scoring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 18:02:11 GMT

One question I have about the next contest is whether we will allow a
multiple robot solution, as long is the combined components fit within the
12x12x12 dimensions (similar to how some people dealt with the bridging
contest). Personally, I'm open to any solution.
this is fine.... we have allowed it before. BUT if you are thinking of
making a 6" robot platform, then the second 6" robot rides on top,
forget it.
to win NO PART of your robot can touch the play field.

I got this question over email-with Chris' reply below.  I think it needs to
mentioned that no part of the robot can touch the floor to be "on the box".

Ithink the official answer is yes, we will allow multiple robots.  However,
I'd like to discuss or clarify scoring.  John, Derek and I were chatting
about this after dinner.

2 points for your robot on the box, no part touching the floor and the
opponent on the bottom

1 point each if both robots on the top of the box, both not touching the floor

0 points if you are on the floor and the opponent is on the top

If there's no more debate, I'm going to get some of the rules up on a page.

Calum