 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5709
5708  |  5710
Subject:
Battle brick?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:24:17 GMT

Saturday night, I was asked if I would enter an all-out, unlimited LEGO battle-bot event.

During the twenty-nine hours it took me to return home (Nothing bad.  Just several stops.) I had a chance to think about this.

The answer is 'NO'.  I would not compete in such an event.  Let me explain.

First, using only a single RIS, I would build a big hammer so devastating it could smash Chris' robot until there's nothing left but a pile of friction pins.  Wait... Maybe that's not a good example.  Chris' robot started out that way.

So, it will pound Calum's robot...  no.  wait...  I've never seen one of Calum's robots.

Well, anyway, it would pound SOMEONE's robot into a pile of broken little LEGO pieces.

HOWEVER, at the exact same time, David's robot (with the same type of hammer) is pounding parts of my robot into oblivion.

So, when it's all said and done, I've invested one RIS (now totally destroyed) with a chance to win a Yoda head.

MAYBE, if there were one or two RISs going to the winner(s), but not if I'm risking more than I can gain.

Just my thoughts
Steve