 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5681
Re: it's too hard...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 05:12:38 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Greg Hyland writes:
After two weeks of robot building, I have a mighty feeble robot. I'll be
bringing it on Saturday, but I don't think I'll be entering. Sigh. I thought
this competition wouldn't be that difficult (for me at least!), but it was.

I guess I can be like your sweetly retarded member that you can all be nice to
and speak slowly around.

Don't feel bad about it, because I've never understood how to do the
stacking contest.  I sat down around rtl7 or whenever we did he first one
and it was damned hard in one RCX.  I tried, but failed, largely due to
complexity and apathy.

This time around is no better.  After starting a new job, I just haven't had
the time, in between days of listening to developers talk about ASPs, .NET,
SAP batch uploads and other corporate IT jargon.  I did however reward
myself by building my long awaited Velux House that I saved for the evening
after coming home from the first day of work.

I feel often like the member you refer to in awe of the Iains and Robs of
the world.  Or even the Trevyns and JeffVW's. (for their determination!)

Calum