 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5752
Re: Train that runs on tires.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 07:32:40 GMT

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message

Interesting idea. It reminds me of the airport train in Dallas TX, not
really a train, more of a automated bus running on a hotwheels track. It • is
a rough ride for sure.

I was actually really dissapointed with DFW's AirTrain.  Certainly ahead of
it's time, with more than 30 stations and trains following different routes
on the same guideway, but when I wanted to simply "go around once" it took
almost an hour.

I can't imagine the frustration people must have doing connecting flights.
They'd get on it and it goes off in a tunnel and parks for half an hour.  We
passed two or three trains under the terminals, where the train had just
gone off in the corner to sulk leaving the stranded people to bang on the
window as we slinked past.

    Iain