 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5733
Re: rtl 13...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:10:37 GMT

So how much fun would it be to watch a kid having a great time driving one of your robots?

in a word.....none.

Some day, you're going to make a great dad.  NOT.  :)

any one can make a sumo robot... heck even me.

Your ideas for creating a "kid friendly" lego robot playground are
noble,  BUT the number one reason RTLToronto was founded (and I know
this cause I am one of the three founders)  was so that I could hang out
with other ADULTS and play with lego.

We had a few other reasons but I forget them.

I can see good reasons for both (kids or not).  It's kind of like the 'custom sensor' argument.  I could argue either side.

I must point out something interesting that I found in the Lafayette Lego Robotics Club.  It's very common to have a kid and his dad show up for a meeting, then the next meeting, the kid has a Mindstorms set, then the next meeting, the dad also has a set.  But that really doesn't matter, here.

At our meetings, I spend a lot of time explaining my robots to kids that can't otherwise figure out how they work.  That stuff doesn't happen at rtlToronto.  That was nice.

For the record, I AM going to find a way to make this 'Really big sumo event' happen!  And you're all welcome to come check it out.  or not.

Steve