 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5701
Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 14:55:09 GMT

Hi folks,

By traditional rtlToronto scoring, 2 points for a win, 1 each for a tie, and
0 for a loss, the rankings were:

1. Dave Koudys (Stoney Creek, Ontario)
2. Bruce Sheridan (Mississauga, Ontario)
  Ka-On Lee (Ottawa, Ontario)
  Trevyn Watson (Ottawa, Ontario)
3. Steve Hassenplug (Lafayette, Indiana) and Rob Stehlik (Toronto, Ontario)
LAST: Chris Magno (Etobicoke, Ontario)

Dave wins a very cool 10024 Red Baron, donated by Lego Direct.

Even though Chris' robot was next to useless (well at least he had a robot...
pointing fingers mostly at myself), it was really nice.  To me, it looked like
a stylish miniature snow blower or lawn mower.  The front of his 'bot was
ok but if he would have modified the back to do some kind of stacking
mechanism and had a better movement system...I don't think the skidsteer
driving system did him any wonders.  (at least, he didn't have to stay
up all night!!!) :)

I liked the name, "Chris' Brick Blower".

Another note, for the first RTL competion, Dave (his 'bot "Runnamuck version
2002.4")didn't have the largest 'bot.  He was "beaten" out by Rob and Steve,
who dubbed their combined 'bot, "The International Stacking Station".  That
is in reference to international cooperation to the space station by NASA.

All in all, as a "casual observer", part-time photographer, and competition
official (well, I gave Calum a hand at trying to tally up the "official
score"), I had a pretty good time watching 'bots trying to outstack each
other.

We'll see what happens at the next event...it's several months away.  I
just may try to build a competition 'bot for it....considering that
Chris really didn't build it to meet the objectives of the game....

Ben

...who will try and upload his pics very shortly.