 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5717
Re: rtlToronto12 Results and Notes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:24:43 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Greg Hyland writes:
On the way home, I thought of a robot that was nothing like what anybody had,
and could possibly be competitive... and more importantly, something that I
could actually engineer and program!

So... when are we doing this game again?

I'm not sure.  Probably never again soon: rtl12 was the third time we did
Blockstacking and we've never done a contest more than three times.  In
fact, we haven't repeated contests for nearly a year or so-it's always been
new stuff.

Unless someone wants a go at it (ie, a few people), chalk it up to the usual
"damn, oh well" category :)  I've done that far too many times myself :)

rtl13 with this "Control the Box" game will be a little easier to get a
working robot for.

rtl14 probably will be pipe racers or vending machines, depending on the venue.

Somewhere in between will be a spring trebuchets mini-event.  Trebuchets is
fun because it's easy to do (Iain came up with one within an hour) and piles
of fun lobbing things down the street with.

Plus the cornucopia of events like drag racers, maze followers etc we keep
saying we'll do but never get around to it.  Anyone want a simpler game to
at rtlToronto13 at the same time?  Ie, a game that is so easy, it can be run
during the day when people pop in, and between rounds?  Sort of like the
halftime show, minus Bono or Celine Dion?

Calum