 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5743
Re: Delightful Radio Shack VIC20 Robot Article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 05:15:29 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
Jim Butterfield!

Oh man, yeah.  Jim Butterfield rocked.

TPUG!!

TPUG: The Scariest Set of People You'll Ever Meet, and We Don't Mean
rtlToronto Members.

V=53248
sys 32768

You see, that's the kind of obscure knowledge you don't need for modern PCs:

CALL -151
(Apple II ROM Monitor)

3D0G
(warm DOS boots on an Apple II from monitor)

PR#6
(boots from slot #6 controller, from AppleSoft BASIC)

What surprised the heck out of me was how both Mario and I remembered all
these obscure references.

Stop it!  Stop it!  You're killing me with fond memories!!!!! :)

I really must say those were the golden days of home computing.  If you ever
get a chance to, check out a book called "The Home Computer Wars" by Michael
Tomczyk, probably in your library.  It's from 1984, and is about the PET,
VIC20 and Commodore 64's development and marketing.  The last chapter also
introduces a mysterious new computer called the...Amiga.

Okay, back to your regularily scheduled (RCX) programming...

Calum