 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5784
Re: Delightful Radio Shack VIC20 Robot Article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:42:24 GMT

I used to LOVE those Osborne books!  In grade 8 we built the robot described
in one of them, but had it run off a C-64 rather than a VIC 20 or Spectrum
or whatever it was that was described in the book.  We got it to work,
though someone's older brother did most of the programming.

(By the way, I know I haven't posted in a really long time.  I went to RTL
12 for a bit to check it out.  Though I couldn't stay too long, it was fun)

-Eric DeGiuli

<snip>
I miss the days people would glue stuff to your PC for fun.  I remember
reading a book called...Osborne Book of Computer Stuff (okay, I made that
up) but it was a British book about computers.  One of the later pages
described building a robot by using relays, but it didn't give any • specifics
like what pins to use on the expansion card or how to poke those • interfaces,
because it was a general book that covered Spectrums, Commodores, BBC • Micros
etc. • <snip>

Calum