 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *5159 (-100)
  Large lot of Train and Technic items available

We bought out a large collection and are selling off a good portion of the items to cover some of the costs so here is your chance to grab some older Train and Technic sets. But this is not a fire sale, items not getting a "bid" of a reasonable (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Bring Robots! Bring MOC's!

"Chris Magno" <cmagno@rogers.com> wrote in message news:3D584106.AC827F...ers.com... (...) Huge margin? Heck, it was an order of magnitude... :) Iain (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Bring Robots! Bring MOC's!

(...) YES. that precedent was set by Rob S. way back during the monkey game. and i want to point out his his RCX-less ferris wheel "monkey" won first place by a HUGE margin. -- Chris (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Bring Robots! Bring MOC's!

(...) I am trying to make two for the competition, but I expect them to fall into the pit all the time... A robot without RCX is still allowed, right? (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Bring Robots! Bring MOC's!

(...) I made complete Ldraw instructions for mine if you want to have a go at building it :) Rob (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Bring Robots! Bring MOC's!

if only i had kept my project X robot...... :( Chris (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Bring Robots! Bring MOC's!

This message goes out to all of the rtlToronto regulars... Bring robots! Bring your creations! I am aware that we have quite a few distinguished guests coming to our little show. Unfortunately, us regulars don't seem to be very motivated. If you (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Canada customs, & robots

(...) I guess I'd better leave my minifig robot guards at home! :-) -- Doug (who's trying to finnish up a bot for rtlToronto 11 and wishing for another weekend's worth of time...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Canada customs, & robots

(...) More seriously, Trevor P (of Astro Lift Co. fame, he's posting his moonbase stuff over in .space as we speak) had to deal with coming across the border for our January Novi show... (he lives in Windsor), and getting back in to Canada at the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Canada customs, & robots

(...) Make sure the mini-figures don't carry any light sabers or gun like stuffs, even if it make them feel insecure. Seriously.... (URL) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Canada customs, & robots

Thanks for posting this Chris. (...) Got that. (...) Thanks Ralph, Well, that's the question... Chris said 'bring what you can pack'. :-) If I bring the whole robot collection (~20 or so), it currently resides in 6 of the Rubbermaid 11 gallon (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: Canada customs, & robots

(...) A print up of the event will help. Canada customs is cake compared to some of the a**holes at the Port Huron crossing point. Kids help too. Make sure they are actually playing with LEGO when you cross. Tell them you are coming to Toronto to (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Canada customs, & robots

i posted this into loc.ca as well. as you might know we have guests arriving from far and wide. (to the Aug 17. RTLToronto robot event as seen here:) (URL) had asked Doug Carlson to bring up some of his neat creations and he had asked what the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Stupid MATH...

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes: Mock Chris <ON> Less math and More Programming... ;) Mock Chris <OFF> (...) Pythagorean theorem link to Geography 101 dealing with right angled triangles and the measurement of lines, whether they are (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: PNLTC module link fixed

(...) LESS OF THIS!!!! GET BACK TO BUILDING A ROBOT!!!!!! -- Chris (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  PNLTC module link fixed

For Matthias, The link has been fixed. As a side note, it's likely the Train4 layout will use a lot of "half modules" which in Lego speak would be "quarter modules" but for us (those who like to fit through doors and in vehicles less than cube vans) (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Stupid MATH...

Ok, I am working on my robot I just spent about 4 minutes doing all the math that no one else will tell you. so get a pen: all units are in INCHES!!!!!! -the distance from the far corner of your starting square to the "centre" of the flag is 67.416" (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Dinner tonight

(...) IMO, these people are more likely to use that as an excuse to continue to lurk. There was plenty of room, even after the dinner rush. That swiss chalet is huge!!! (...) ....which officially is supposed to be the 2nd Friday of everymonth (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: More procrastinating...

(...) he speaks the truth....he spent a lot of time "playing" with it at the dinner last night. Someone said that Calum needed to get a girlfriend... :) I know I really shouldn't poke fun....since I do have a nice collection of paradisa, but still I (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Dinner / Notebook

(...) I can have my Toshiba P3 1Ghz, DVD/CDRW laptop there if you need it. Or I can just bring my bag full of LEGO stuff.... ;) Dave K (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Dinner / Notebook

Will anyone have a computer with speakers and a CD drive at dinner tonight? Iain (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: More procrastinating...

(...) Subscribe to the weekly LEGO S@H specials sent out every Wednesday 1-2-3 Marie was on sale for something like 3 bucks (U.S. I know, but I needed a driver so I'll pay the exchange) a few weeks back, and I just got the Super Car, so I wanted a (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Dinner tonight

(...) No, up until you press Run. So it has to start in that 12 inch cube, but then can expand to as large* as you want. Calum *-when ever I type something like that, I pause for a second, and worry someone will do something gargantuanlly large-the (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: More procrastinating...

(...) OH MY GOD. WHERE DID YOU GET THE MARIE DOLL?#@$(*&(@*#&$(*&($#! I SO WANT ONE. I only have the Scala Olivia doll! (drives my 8448 like Derek's) Calum PS-Anyone know how to "lower" the springs on the 8880 so it looks less like a 4x4? (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Dinner tonight

(...) I just realized something--rule # whatever: All robots must fit inside a 12 inch cube. Is this rule for the entire event? Must the 'bot fit within a cube during the whole match? or just up until you press 'Run' Dave K (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Dinner tonight

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes: <snip> (...) Robot competition? What??? News to me!!! I'd better get started! Dave K -who hasn't even put a brick together yet for rtl11 (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Dinner tonight

some times people tell me that they miss the dinners because they don't know about them WELL THIS IS THAT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! that and the one Calum did a week ago. we will be having out MONTHLY (yes every month) dinner again. tonight!! detail are: (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: More procrastinating...

(...) Oh it'll be coming to tonite's dinner! The problem with my digital camera, a not-well-lit room and black technic pieces is that you can't distinguish items, but you'll see it tonite anyway. Thanks for looking! I had fun making the storyboard! (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: More procrastinating...

(...) Really nice job with the car Dave (again)! I'm guessing you pulled the V8 engine and the transmission to make room for the R/C unit. My only problem is.... where is the R/C unit? I mean you can see the antenna clearly, but it seems like you (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: More procrastinating...

(...) Pics are up! (URL) have seen lots of neat stuff on-line lately where LEGO is concerned, like the little space dudes putting the PC together, so whoever made that, I did a quick plagiarizing... ;) (plagiarism being the highest form of flattery, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  More procrastinating...

So I ripped apart RC 8466... And decided to put the 'guts' of the 8475 into... (wait for it...) the 8448!!! (and there was much rejoicing....) I'll have pics up in hopefully a few hours, but let me tell you, the 8448 is *far* superior for the RC (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Can I get a copy of that movie...

"Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:CAEBIOGHPFFJALB...mts.com... (...) Burned and ready to go! I can only stay until about 20h tomorrow night though. I have previous religious commitments that require my attendance. Iain (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Can I get a copy of that movie...

(...) i was attempting to make a VERY bad joke. :) Chris (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: Can I get a copy of that movie...

(...) Iain, Don't stress about the videos. If you can get the videos onto CD for the get-together on the 17th, great. Otherwise don't sweat it. On the other hand, having John Barnes and Mario there might be a fun opportunity to spread the RTL love (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Can I get a copy of that movie...

(...) It's brand-new. Still sealed in cellophane (sp?). Matthias Jetleb (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Deinterlaced version of Demo Reel

Hi folks, JeffE and others mentioned that they found the 2002 Demo Reel to have an interlacing problem with some of the text. I've uploaded a new version which fixes this problem. (URL) a side note, for your convenience, it is in the exact format (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:CAEBIOGHPFFJALB...mts.com... (...) Okay, I'll see if I can make a note here or something to burn the um... what, train1 and train2 videos to disc? (...) I'm not sure which robot you're refering (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: Can I get a copy of that movie...

Iain, I remember seeing some pretty cool train movies set to music at one of the dinners I attended. I'd really like to get my hands on any of the RTL videos on disc. I can pay with blank CDs, or cash. I just thought I could show some of this stuff (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Can I get a copy of that movie...

(...) I'd do it but I need to know what is on the Kodak CD-RW?? :) -- Chris (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Posting Problems

Ok the web interface is a little slow to respond, but the whole cycle was less then 10 minutes. Gee can you tell I'm board at work right now. :-) Derek (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Posting Problems

Ok lets try it from the web interface. Last one I did by email. Derek (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Posting Problems

Ok it took less then 2 minutes for the authorization message to appear in my mail box, and less then two minutes for the message to appear after authorizing it. Derek (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: shop @ home purchases

I've placed several orders via S@H without any major problems. They ship via Canada Post (I think - it's been a while). I'd say go ahead. Just be aware that they will ship whatever they have right away and any back-orders later, so don't be (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Can I get a copy of that movie...

I've been trying to download the "lego-071902-demoreel.mpg" movie off peachy to no avail. Could someone please bring a copy to Friday's dinner? I'll replace it with a Kodak CD-RW. Matthias Jetleb (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Posting Problems

I haven't had any problems. I'll see how long it takes to post this message. Derek Ok Go! (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Posting Problems

I'm wondering if anyone else has had problems recently in posting to Lugnet? I've just sent three messages for the third time and they've finally posted! Going back through the Sent Messages log, I've notices several others that don't appear in the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4: Ramp casement sketches

"Jeff Elliott" <jeffe@telepres.com> wrote in message news:3D502757.3957BA...res.com... (...) I learn somethin' every day from you guys... Iain (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] Dinner Friday August 9th, 2002

Hi folks, rtlToronto July Monthly Dinner Friday August 9th, 2002, 6pm Swiss Chalet 2955 Bloor St W at Royal York Toronto, ON M8X 1B8 Derek's been pesterin' me about dinner again. Since people were okay with dinner at Swiss Chalet last time, we'll (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: shop @ home purchases

Thanks to those who have responded. I was somewhat disappointed to read that Shop@Home adds taxes. This was one of the good things I have experienced with Amazon, I have never been charged GST. Oh well, at least S@H is reliable! Laura (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The Wendy's Incident

(...) This is one the funniest things I have read in quite a while. My co-workers have started to look at me a little funny. I'll have to forward the link around. -Jason MichLUG - (URL) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Train 4: Ramp casement sketches

I've been beating my brain about how to handle the wide casement arches I plan to put under the track ramp to Altenburg. I think I'm going to do the following: (URL) arch spans 18 studs, and peaks at just short of 11 bricks high. The two main (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: long weekend

(...) OK, if I guess right, then I want a free copy! :) I guess you are going to announce that you have ported a copy of forth for the spybot line?? did i win? -- Chris (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: shop @ home purchases

I have ordered from Shop@home many times. I've ordered over the phone and on the web. I've never had any serious problems and the few minor ones I've had, Lego was very quick to correct. In Toronto delivery is generally very quick for items that are (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: shop @ home purchases

(...) Shop@Home isn't half bad. I usually use the phone order service (which is the same service as the web) and they have my order within a week or two. They come relatively quickly, packed well and no worries about duty-they have some sort of (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: shop @ home purchases

(...) Yes, I live in Toronto and has bought a few sets from S@H recently (including some quite large boxes). There were absolutely no problems, taxes are added at the time of purchase, shipping is cheap and fast, and you can choose between regular (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  shop @ home purchases

Has anyone here purchased from Shop @ Home ((URL) am considering ordering a couple of things and was wondering if anyone has had any problems. I have ordered from Amazon and did not experience any difficulties. The shipments came quickly, intact and (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: long weekend

(...) Chris, it's those darned tourists that leave as soon as the heavens split open and dump cascading buckets of water on them. Seriously, I'll show you the secret bypass that gets you back on to HWY 6/10 and completely bypasses downtown. But (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  long weekend

I'm back from my mini-vacation out at Tobermory. to get there you have to drive about an hour PAST Owen Sound. Ralph, what's up with Owen sound?? can you explain those 5 street lights in a row, about (what seems like) 1 block apart that are phased (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  The Wendy's Incident

(URL) live for moments like this. Iain (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  I'm done!

Yes. I'm done. How's that for a status report, Chris? And, let me be the first to post a time: 12 seconds. You may wonder why I'm done so early. It's because I'm going camping on Tuesday. Unfortunately, this means I won't be able to take part in the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: toys for tots...

(...) I always thought rocks came from the heads of people who believe e-mail chain letters. You knock some sense into them, no room left for the rocks. Ergo, rocks. :) James (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: toys for tots...

"James Brown" <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message news:H09C4t.MFo@lugnet.com... (...) think rocks come from? Iain "I'm pregnant with rocks" (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: toys for tots...

(...) No. Go to snopes.com, and put "male pregnancy" in the search box, or use the straight link: (URL) is a pretty solid debunking site. James (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: toys for tots...

(...) Wait, is this for real? honestly... -R (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: toys for tots...

Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of babydom. Boy, if you didn't think you had much time before, you're in for a surprise. Do yourselves a favour: do everything you can to get them out of that suck-on-everything-in-sight stage. The (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Maybe we CAN merge the Castle and Robots themes for a contest?

(...) I agree whole heartedly - I'd only insist that we use Chris's RCX's - I'd be afraid of mine getting damaged on landing. Seriously though - we could integrate this into a full-fledged Robot/Castle game quite easily. I'm envisioning something (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto13: rtlToronto/castle1

(...) Heck, let's go for major carnage: I vote for bowling balls... Matthias Jetleb (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: John has a nice Wankel

(...) Oh, I don't do that - I'm just still recovering from last night (Topscan) ;) Iain (thar ain't no drug that can do what them thar topscan be doin'!) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: John has a nice Wankel

(...) Thanks! (...) If I had a nice fancy NC desktop milling machine like John Barnes, I would make a scaled rotor and epitroichoid housing in an instant. Then I would blow away those pesky V8 supercars! (...) <shaking head> Iain, Iain, Iain.... I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  John has a nice Wankel

John took me for a ride in his car last night. Talk about a machine! I think it has better acceleration than any of the rides I have been on. ;) So John, are you going to mod your RC car when you get it, to have a scale LEGO Wankelmotor in it? Iain (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Spybotics Page

Hey, Tonite I received the TechnoJaw by mail, so with a little fanfare and hoopla, I put it together. After a few test programs and such, I decided it was time for a head-to-head competition between Big G and TechnoJaw (nickname-to-be-announced) (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Hi!

(...) Finally, Finally! someone else who lives in Scarborough! Hope to see you at the next dinner. Matthias Jetleb (Pharmacy and Eglinton) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: STATUS REPORT number 1.

As I sit her one day PAST the date I'm supposed to have been laid-off, with documents rushing back and forth between corporate lawyers (and me being the courier no less) added to the fact that all this rushing about in a mad attempt to have the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  REVISITED - Re: Falkirk Wheel - LEGO Helped!

Hi all, I don't know if anyone's interested, but the wheel was on Tommorow's World last night (the signed one). So i can post the clip (bout 5 mins) if any one wants it, or just pictures HTH FUT: lugnet.loc.uk Peter Newman (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Hi!

Hello fellow Torontonians, I'm new here at Lugnet and I live in Scarborough. I saw your site and it looks pretty interesting, tho I'm more into town stuffs and haven't had a chance to touch the robotic or mindstorm themes. Anyway, just dropping by (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: How I've been procrastinating...

(...) Thanks! (...) That'll be rather difficult (tho not impossible) for I ripped it apart and put the 8475 back together--the 8466 was great for about 3-5 minutes, but it kills the batteries waaay too fast. (...) The motor is at one end, and a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: How I've been procrastinating...

(...) Very cool Dave! Nicely done. You should bring it to the next rtl dinner... ok, maybe with smaller tires for ease of transport ;) I can't figure out how you actually got the drive to the rear wheels. Is each of the new motors driving one of the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: STATUS REPORT number SDK 1.

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) Have a boo at my sparky page to see that I haven't started yet... But wait! says Dave, I had a dream last night... Since this 'bot has been on my mind, I dreamt last night (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Hmmmmmm.....

Interesting.... (URL) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: How I've been procrastinating...

(...) Added a few more pics of the 8466, scooting around the parking lot at work... (some action shots for y'all... ;) ) Dave K (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: STATUS REPORT number 1.

"Iain Hendry" <militaryduckjock@rogers.com> wrote in message news:H05D8K.CKn@lugnet.com... (...) with my arm in a weird position and my finger sticking out... If you're comfortable on the ground, watching one: (URL) if you'd like to try riding: (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: STATUS REPORT number 1.

"Chris Magno" <cmagno@rogers.com> wrote in message news:3D48667F.E57CB6...ers.com... (...) What I did have so far is now lying in many scattered pieces on my stupid floor. So I have nothing. (...) You know, that's a bad link. :) Try: (URL) what (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: STATUS REPORT number 1.1

(...) I'm not coming due to work. I don't have a creation... here's an interesting....not really to make anyone jealous.... I was doing a slight inventory and "straightening up" of my lego collection. I did a brief 9V Mini Motor, and came up with a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Status Report

(...) funny you should mention this.... I was chatting with a fellow pyro technician, and I was discussing a recent event. i was barbecueing a few really nice juice hot-dogs for lunch. long story short, I take a bite and a VERY HOT cheese product (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DANGER!! -- baby gates BAD!! DANGER!!

(...) NO!! LEGO can kill!! I have not seen it personally, BUT i've read stories in lugnet.torture... its not pretty. this is why we MUST abandon ALL notions of lego trebuchets. these are some photos i found: (URL) to nowhere. (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Status Report

I'm about 75% done...and it’s never tried to bite me yet! If you can't handle lego safely, do you really think you should be working with pyrotechnics?? (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DANGER!! -- baby gates BAD!! DANGER!!

(...) Save the idea for the "launch things at a castle" event. ;p (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  DANGER!! -- baby gates BAD!! DANGER!!

&$%#&^$#%*@!!!!!! ras-a-fras-a OK, so I was being EXTRA careful with my bridge...... super loaded all 10 of the not an inner tube rubber bands.... I found a NEW way to trigger the release mech. I motorized it. :) I locked the motor hook in place! I (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: STATUS REPORT number 1.

(...) Add me to the list of attendees. I met Mario at Mindfest a few years ago and really enjoyed editing his book.... Cheers, Ralph PS. I just recently figured out that all the action was in the rtltoronto group, and not in the ont group...DUH! (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  STATUS REPORT number 1.

Well. no pressure here. :/ DID you know.... THE (pronounced thee) Mario Ferrari will be visiting our little shin-dig. As well as the honourable John Barnes. So I want a status report. and it better go something like this: Rob: No problems here (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train width clearance for wide turns, etc.

The passenger car bogies are 8 long with the pin in the middle. The Engine has one motor and one dumbie motor which has the same geometry as a motor. The actual size of the bogies shouldn't make a difference provided the pin is centered between the (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train width clearance for wide turns, etc.

I assume that all the bogies are 8 long and rotate at the centre? That is, each consists of 2 3x4 new wheelsets with a 2-stud gap between? That's what it looked like in the photos, anyway. Jeff E (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train width clearance for wide turns, etc.

(...) That should be between the 10 and 11th studs from the front. Derek (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train width clearance for wide turns, etc.

Ok I figured out the size of the Go Train last night. Passenger Cars: Length: 50 8 wide length: 48 Bogie plate pin sits between the 6 and 7th studs from the ends. 38 studs between bogie plate pins. Engine: Length: 45 8 wide length: 44 Bogie plate (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  How I've been procrastinating...

I know, I know--I should be building a robot for rtl11... Instead I made this: (URL) threw the RC unit from 8475 RC vehicle into the 8466 4x4. It's alotta fun to drive around, though the big tires and the weight of the vehicle slow it down a bit, as (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Train width clearance for wide turns, etc.

(...) I just measured the new caboose, and I think we'd need 13.1 for it. It's the tallest car I have; other folks will have to weigh in with their models. Hey! - that's right, I've got a virtual Club Car - and it looks like it needs 11.2. I agree (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train width clearance for wide turns, etc.

(...) Sorry I didn't get a chance to dig my cars out last night. I'll do it tonight and post bogie locations and lenghts for tomorrow. The good thing with the sweeping turns is the cars won't stick out as much. Derek (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train width clearance for wide turns, etc.

(...) My trains do pretty much make use of the full 15 brick clearence. But I really only request that there be one line that I can run on. I think the outside loop makes the most sense. If people want to deside to make the inner loops 6 wide only (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train width clearance for wide turns, etc.

(...) If the top town is called Altenburg, what is the bottom villages called? (...) Speaking of that, I'm having a lot of trouble with making things 14-15 brick tall compliant. This requirement really stretches the vertical axis of buildings far (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Train width clearance for wide turns, etc.

So I mocked up the support for Altenburg on Sunday. I've got a support grid which provides baseplate support every 16 studs; it seems to be quite sturdy. However, I'm not sure where to put the pillars - the turns are likely to suck up a lot of (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact