 Local / Canada / 1476
Re: Canada customs, & robots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 19:58:56 GMT

Thanks for posting this Chris.

In lugnet.loc.ca, Ralph Hempel writes:
I had asked Doug Carlson to bring up some of his neat creations and he
had asked what the repercussions might be at the border.

other than NOT screaming "Infidel and Jihad"   what can be expected at
all border crossing both coming and going???

1.  it is JUST lego.
2.  it is several  built robots
3.  Doug is packing his children as well

any advice???  would a print up of the event info help??

A print up of the event will help.

Got that.

Kids help too. Make sure they are actually playing with LEGO when you cross.
Tell them you are coming to Toronto to have fun.

Are we talking a huge trunk full of LEGO or just a box and some suitcases?

Thanks Ralph,

Well, that's the question... Chris said 'bring what you can pack'.  :-)
If I bring the whole robot collection (~20 or so), it currently resides in
6 of the Rubbermaid 11 gallon containers ( 16 x 22 x 9" )
Plus a few stragglers that don't fit within the tubs.
I think it *will* all fit in my vehicle without having to tie any
family members to the roof. :-)
But it will easily be more than the luggage we are bringing.

I *am* bringing robots.
It's just a quesion of how many...

Best,

-- Doug