 Local / Canada / 1478
Re: Canada customs, & robots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 02:44:53 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Ka-On Lee writes:
In lugnet.loc.ca, Chris Magno writes:
other than NOT screaming "Infidel and Jihad"   what can be expected at
all border crossing both coming and going???

Make sure the mini-figures don't carry any light sabers or gun like stuffs,
even if it make them feel insecure.

Seriously....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/england/2173150.stm

Well, I dunno about you but that makes *me* feel a lot safer. Not.

More seriously, Trevor P (of Astro Lift Co. fame, he's posting his moonbase
stuff over in .space as we speak) had to deal with coming across the border
for our January Novi show... (he lives in Windsor), and getting back in to
Canada at the end of the show

This is kind of the reverse that you are dealing with, since his concern was
to be able to get back into Canada with his stuff after the show, and not
get slapped with GST or whatever... we made up a letter on official
letterhead saying he was a club member and that he was coming over and back
for a show. He checked in with Canada customs before leaving Windsor. He had
no trouble getting back in.

Hope that helps.