 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5063
Re: Train width clearance for wide turns, etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:57:02 GMT

Jeff Elliott wrote:

So I mocked up the support for Altenburg on Sunday.  I've got a support
grid which provides baseplate support every 16 studs; it seems to be
quite sturdy.  However, I'm not sure where to put the pillars - the
turns are likely to suck up a lot of space.

Derek, it'd be helpful if I knew what the clearance specs were for
different turn geometries for your Big Beast (tm).  Could you at least
post a simply diagram of your different cars - y'know, 8xN with bogies
of size X at positions Y and Z?  That way I can mock up a model and put
support together.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to dig my cars out last night.  I'll do it
tonight and post bogie locations and lenghts for tomorrow.  The good
thing with the sweeping turns is the cars won't stick out as much.

Derek