 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5060
5059  |  5061
Subject:
Train width clearance for wide turns, etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 17:25:28 GMT

So I mocked up the support for Altenburg on Sunday.  I've got a support
grid which provides baseplate support every 16 studs; it seems to be
quite sturdy.  However, I'm not sure where to put the pillars - the
turns are likely to suck up a lot of space.

Derek, it'd be helpful if I knew what the clearance specs were for
different turn geometries for your Big Beast (tm).  Could you at least
post a simply diagram of your different cars - y'know, 8xN with bogies
of size X at positions Y and Z?  That way I can mock up a model and put
support together.

Jeff E