 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5064
Re: Train width clearance for wide turns, etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:26:38 GMT

Derek Raycraft wrote:

Calum Tsang wrote:

Speaking of that, I'm having a lot of trouble with making things 14-15 brick
tall compliant.  This requirement really stretches the vertical axis of
buildings far too high, making over track structures rather unusual looking.

Calum

My trains do pretty much make use of the full 15 brick clearence.  But I
really only request that there be one line that I can run on.  I think
the outside loop makes the most sense.  If people want to deside to make
the inner loops 6 wide only and lower the clearence I'm ok with that.
I'd just like one line that I run my trains around.

Also, wasn't the main reason for this requirement so the camera car
would fit.  I know I didn't make up the 15 bricks, I just made full use
of it. :-)

Derek

I just measured the new caboose, and I think we'd need 13.1 for it.
It's the tallest car I have; other folks will have to weigh in with
their models.  Hey! - that's right, I've got a virtual Club Car - and it
looks like it needs 11.2.

I agree with Derek, we could reserve the outside line for the larger
trains.  The innermost of your 3 tracks only goes up to Altenburg, so we
can cut the requirements there way back, and the inner loop - well, I'm
recommending we reduce requirements on that, since a Go train on the
inner track would hit one on the outer track in the turns, anyway :P

And it'd be nice if there was *somewhere* that we could put supports for
Altenburg.

Jeff E