 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5142
Re: Dinner tonight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 14:36:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
some times people tell me that they miss the dinners because they don't
know about them

IMO, these people are more likely to use that as an excuse to continue to
lurk.  There was plenty of room, even after the dinner rush.  That swiss
chalet is huge!!!

WELL THIS IS THAT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! that and the one Calum did a week
ago.

we will be having out MONTHLY (yes every month) dinner again.
tonight!!

....which officially is supposed to be the 2nd Friday of everymonth
subject to the official whims of Calum and Chris...

detail are:

rtlToronto July Monthly Dinner

This should be August dinner!!!

Friday August 9th, 2002, 6pm
Swiss Chalet
2955 Bloor St W at Royal York
Toronto, ON M8X 1B8

By TTC:
Subway to Royal York Station, walk south to Bloor, and go east on Bloor.

Restaurant is on south side.

I forgot to read this message yesterday, since I was very busy.  I made it
to Kipling Subway station shortly after 6.  I then forgot which station
to go to, so I went to Keele.

I asked around to where the Swiss Chalet was, and got blank stares.  I walked
up the street and found a payphone that actually still had its phone
directory still in it, I think it was the 5th one.  I realized to my
horrible sensation, that I had gone to far on the subway.  I got back on
the subway and went back.

The picture on the subway of the route has the major blocks on it, so I
found out the closest number, and then found the restaurant.  I think
I was quite lucky.  I should have looked to see the directions once more,
but that's my bad.  But that is why I showed up at almost 7:00 PM instead
of 6:15.  D'oh!!!

Ben