 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5146
Re: Stupid MATH...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 05:27:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

Mock Chris <ON>

Less math and More Programming... ;)

Mock Chris <OFF>

Ok, I am working on my robot

I just spent about 4 minutes doing all the math that no one else will
tell you. so get a pen:

all units are in INCHES!!!!!!

-the distance from the far corner of your starting square to the
"centre" of the flag is  67.416"

-the distance from the far corner of your starting square to the
opposite centre of YOUR table is  46.86"  (ie to position your robot at
the edge of your table lined up in front of the flag your robot will
need to travel 46 inches)

-the distance from the edge of your table to the  "centre" of the flag
is  27"

-the flag itself is located 15" up and 36" in.  this should be centre of
the flag table.

-the flag itself is located 39" from any corner of the flag table to the
centre of  said flag table.

all these numbers are based on the tables being 72" x 30"

these numbers also rely on the math theory as give us by
pathagorym(sp).  but in my opinion THAT has never been proved.

A squared + B squared = C squared

Bah!!!

Chris

Pythagorean theorem

link to Geography 101 dealing with right angled triangles and the measurement
of lines, whether they are in metric or in imperial.

http://math.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.math.com%2Fhomeworkhelp%2FGeometry.html

I know hardly Lego-related in itself, but wanted to help Chris out as best
I could...

much to the chagrin of other math "haters".

Ben