 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5087
Re: STATUS REPORT number 1.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 20:04:04 GMT

As I sit her one day PAST the date I'm supposed to have been laid-off,
with documents rushing back and forth between corporate lawyers (and
me being the courier no less) added to the fact that all this rushing
about in a mad attempt to have the acquisition completed by the close
of our 18th business year (July 31 - now history) has been in vein
resulting in all current work having to be backdated to avoid having
to file another year's financial statement with the CCRA, even though
the "year" would only consist of a few days, I realize that I still
haven't seen an "official" layoff notice (in writing). I guess this
isn't surprising since it would have to come from the company that is
buying us and they couldn't act on it - other than verbally - until
the acquisition is complete. Still, I hate sitting here in limbo.
Amidst all of this chaos, this at least made me smile:

Matt:  Chris, you should see the size of the LEGO gears i found at this
Garage sale. it dates back to 1845.  it has 2 teeth, and I used it in my
robot.

Thanks.