 Off-Topic / Debate / 23524
Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:38:39 GMT

Maybe at this point I need to fall on my sword and admit that I don't understand
quite what you're getting at.  What is the flaw, exactly, in the original
example?

Let me try again, in the spirit of redundancy:

Within a single framework, three independent sources are sufficient to confirm
a statement by a fourth source (the numbers aren’t central at this point;
merely trying to get to the bottom  of it).   But if, to  an external
observer, that entire framework is non-independent, then no confirmation from
within that framework is sufficient confirmation for the external observer.

Do you suppose that my underlying assertion is incorrect, or do you instead
think that my examples just aren’t matching my assertion?

I'm saying that your examples are the exact same as the model you are
criticizing.  You cite three supporting people (from a single source: Lugnet) as
an example of a more believable evidence, and I'll I am doing is pointing out
that that is not one whit different from the Gospels.  Inside or outside the
source doesn't matter, because you cited your example as more believeable than
the Gospels even though from where I am sitting it is the exact same model.

-->Bruce<--