 Off-Topic / Debate / 23494
Re: Terrorists hate freedom (was Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:39:44 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   What you are failing to take into account is that Evil Leaders do not represent their countries, they oppress them. Iraq is a good country with good people; we always believed that. The problem was their leader.

SH only became a “problem” after he invaded Q8... i.e. he was America’s friend when he perpetrated many of his worst crimes.

Much in the same way Stalin was our “friend” during WWII.

Show me how that analogy is relevant.

Anyone who suggests that negotiating with terrorists will achieve peace has simply failed to learn the lessons of other conflicts in other places in other times

You condone the killing of children in Iraq. If “shock and awe” was not terrorism, what was it?

Yeah, and when did you stop beating your wife, Scott? I do not condone the killing of Iraqi children; I mourn the killing of Iraqi children.

Get a dictionary, and see what “condone” actually means. Then look up “cluster bomb”... a weapon of indiscriminate destruction.

You are a
   jerk for saying so. Iraqi civilians were not targets. Terrorism targets civilians.

Did I say civilians were targets at any point?

Sorry, I’ve had my fill of pointless debate today.

No, you have had your fill of very selective “snips”. ;)

Scott A

JOHN