 Off-Topic / Debate / 23523
Re: Terrorists hate freedom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:42:41 GMT

   our only hope is that those in charge are electible persons who are accountable to the people.

If the elections are rigged so that only the two entrenched parties can prevail and the facts of the situation are shrouded in secrecy, how exactly are the leaders in any way accountable?

Well, the public can rely on perfectly secure and transparent digital voting systems, as well as an accurately representative and flexible electoral college, just like we enjoy here in the States.

Dave!