 Off-Topic / Debate / 23495
Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:25:32 GMT

Since they cannot be verified as independent sources and can instead be shown
to borrow heavily from one another (in a manner quite similar to the process
of editorial revisions of a single work), they cannot, to my satisfaction, be
regarded as anything other than a single source (at least in terms of
"proving" a historical account of Jesus).

I didn't say that I thought they were right, or wrong, just that I was amazed at
your example.

And where the heck would I get a clue to give to myself in the first place?!?

Freudian equivalent of a banana peel?

The Gospel of
Matthew has less crediblity, but what about John, Mark and Luke (gosh, the
same number as in your example)?  I can understand citing the differences in
those various gospels, but I'm confused by your example that basically
proves the exact opposite of your conclusion.  And yes, The Gospels of
Dave!, Tim, Todd, and Jake are all fom the wHolly single source of Lugnet

Well, that's not quite how I meant it.  Granted, to the world outside of
LUGNET, the various contributors to LUGNET are all subsumed into LUGNET as a
source. But within the universe of LUGNET, (and in my example, at least)
Dave, Todd, Tim, and Jake are sufficiently separate entities to qualify as
different sources.

So, within the universe of the Bible, Luke, Matthew, John, and Mark are
sufficiently separate entities to qualify as different sources...so...where are
you going with this analysis?  One step forward, two steps back again...

--
:-O  (dang, "formatted text" is messing with my Edvard Munch emoticon)
--

Additionally, although Todd's, Jake's, and Tim's sudden conversion to
MEGABLOKS-fandom would indeed be miraculous, it strikes me that the whole

Dave!

I think you got that backwards.  Heck, I think Nixon rising from the dead is
more likely than some mass Megablocks conversion by the Faithful,  ;-)

-->Bruce<--

Still a card-carrying member of the League of Green-Eyed Devil's Advocates