 Off-Topic / Debate / 23506
Re: Terrorists hate freedom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 00:52:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
Stated in a less namby-pamby PC touchy-feely way that will force conservatives
to actually address the situation rather than dismiss what you say as
namby-pamby PC touchy-feely liberalism: We need to address the root cause rather
than restrict ourselves to dealing with the fallout.

Yes, I finally figured out what was bugging me: I knew what you were trying to
say, but I had a hard time with the manner in which you were saying it.

Mmmmmm.  Brevity being the soul of wit etc.  'namby-pamby PC touchy-feely' is a
collection of adjectives I seldom encounter in relation to myself (I think if I
was John I'd be offended ;-), and its not like the additional detail is helping
very much.

Understand your enemy and you learn how to defeat him.

Terrorist violence cannot be defeated by stricter security (it can be reduced,
it might get worse)

Terrorist violence can be defeated (over the long term) by removing or
ameliorating the circumstances which create the support base

It is critical that we increase security, try to understand, and try to
undermine the support structures.

Failure to do any one of these three things prevents success.

Thinking that terrorists hate freedom is small minded.

Richard
Still baldly going...