 Off-Topic / Debate / 23515
Re: Terrorists hate spelling properly
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 09:46:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Parsons wrote:
You know, I had kinda hoped that someone other than John might have
spoken up in defence here.

De plane, boss, de plane!  De fence, boss, de fence!

Oh, sorry, defense.  Ummmmmmmm, okay, maybe if I knew what I was supposed
to be defending.  Perhaps if I read on and not pick on a minor error...
:-)

Well, Bruce old man, you sat me back on my heels there for a minute, but no,
this is not an error, just yet more American Imperialism and intolerance!

'If you don't do it like me you must be wrong'.

Top marks.

Next you'll be explaining to me how to spell colour, centre, analyse and
aluminium, how to pronounce nuclear propularly like the President, and how
America started the English language and are the only respected source.

In a few years, on cool reflection, after much prodding and a congressional
hearing, rumours will surface (actually, they'll probably be rumors) that the
English are probably the historical source for the English language (who knew?
obviously there was some sort of breakdown between the intelligence community
and the executive, but no-one's actually responsible or anything), but its OK,
because it turns out that America is still the most respected source because,
well, its got the biggest economy, the biggest guns, and the biggest cars, and
the highest national average bodyweight.

Anybody who disagrees is obviously a hater of freedom of expression and the
Constitution, to be sought out and slung into a new 'administrative holding
facility' within the borders of America's great friend in the oilfields, Iraq,
for a few years while the Administration works out whether there is any way on
God's little green earth they can whip up the innocent (women, elderly and
children) folks at home so that these evil wrongheaded linguistic terrorists can
be offed in public.

Or not, obviously

;-)

So perhaps, in all the circumstances, its best that I just let it go.

One would not want to offend, even if they ARE being a bit narrowminded in this.

God's Holy Trousers!  NOW I'm scaring myself...

But seriously, if its ok with everybody, I would just as soon go on with my old
fashioned and out of style spelling.  It matches my old fashioned and out of
style views :-)

Think of me as a harmless old eccentric if it helps, mad as a hatter, mumbling
to himself in the corner.

Richard
Still baldly going...