 Off-Topic / Debate / 21723
Re: Tony Martin case: You can't {make up} better criticism of Liberals!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:12:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   I will not unnecessarily risk my life and those living in my house to do so.

By owning a gun are you not already doing that? Statistically, is the weapon not more likely to kill one of your own household than it is an intruder?

That is a flawed statistic.

Nope. Statistically, the person you are most likely to kill with that gun is yourself.

If you look down the barrel and pull the trigger, sure. It is very unlikely that you kill yourself with a gun unless it is intentional. It does however, happen, it is just very rare.

   It applies to persons that own a gun but have never used it until they had to.

No, it applies to all gun use.

The way around that is proper gun use through training and teaching.

   Scott A