 Off-Topic / Debate / 21681
Re: Tony Martin case: You can't {make up} better criticism of Liberals!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:43:22 GMT

   Life is choices, and learning from past mistakes, and hopefully, as I probably don’t have to mention to you, redemption.

If yer dead, how can you work at that.

I’m not an opponent to the death penalty, I am an opponent to ‘vigilanty-ism’. As soon as we take the laws into our own hands, we become the criminals. What’s the point of having a legal system if no one gets there to use it? There can be no ‘civil’ society if we all take the law into our own hands.

My friend was suitably ‘convinced’ that B&E was the wrong thing to do. Either thru his brief court experience or the whumping he got from his dad at home, he was suitably punished for his deed. And here’s a concept--the punishment should suit the crime. Losing a life over a television set isn’t it.

Yes sometimes the legal system sucks. But there are ways of fixing that within the system. And if it takes a while, then that’s the inherent safety net that y’all love to talk about where your Constitution is concerned.

So either believe in the system or don’t believe in the system. Just don’t stand on your hypocritical soap box saying “Look at us with our awesome setup we got going on here” and in the next breath, break your own rules ‘cause y’all don’t like ‘em due to their inconvenience. Shooting someone who hasn’t specifically threatened you because he *may* threaten you is breaking your own rules. Self defense doesn’t apply unless you are being personally attacked. Someone pilfering off with your television is not an attack on you.

Quoting someone else in a differnt NG, put up or shut up.

Dave K

if someone is in MY house, taking MY stuff, i have to stand there and watch quietly? I dont think so. There are consequences to every action. If someone is too stupid to understand that this is my stuff and they should keep their hands off it, we dont need them as part of this society. And there is no chance they are innocent, because if they are INSIDE my house taking MY stuff without my knowledge or permission, they are obviously guilty.

Gun totin’ yahoos (With good reason)