 Off-Topic / Debate / 21697
Re: Tony Martin case: You can't {make up} better criticism of Liberals!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:06:05 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli wrote:

snip

   I am still baffeled at the ‘logic’ of punishing someone for defending thier own property/lives.

-Mike Petrucelli

And I am baffeled at the ‘logic’ of taking a life over a television set.

Dave K

Ok seriously, how can you determine that is the only reason someone would have broken into your home? I won’t give them the benefit of the doubt, if you want to in your home that is fine. In an idealistic world if I could somehow magically know they only wanted to steal then I would agree with you 100 percent, let the police handle it. However here in the real world where dialing 911 is more likely to cause an intruder to shoot you than have the police save you, I am not willing to take that chance. Their life will be in my hands not the other way around. And for the record, if there is an opportunity to incapacitate them without killing them I would do that, but I will not unnecessarily risk my life and those living in my house to do so.

-Mike Petrucelli