 Off-Topic / Debate / 16328
Re: Promoting Better understanding
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 15:59:23 GMT

Dave Johann wrote:

I should have posted within my Lug group asking and encouraging a Curator
within our ranks.

Eric, you knew long ago that I'd asked for the curatorship of .build.mecha.

But did everyone else?  Was this a private email, or a post that others can look up?

You
also knew of my frustration watching as other curators were named, but not for
.build.mecha. When I finally walked away from it, it was due to the frustrations
of waiting and not getting a response.

Understandable.

Frustration breeds many things including
most of my responses from earlier today.

Perfectly understandable ;-)

Public postings leave you open for disection. I should have known better,
and I should have tried to do everything possible before asking for help
from Suz.

add the word 'publicly' to your last sentence and I think you've got it. Many
problems can be solved behind the scenes via email. Some of the others involved
in this thread should heed the email thought as well. On the other hand, I
should post more publicly and rely less on email as it doesn't inform the masses
as much as a single email does. I alopogize to those who weren't aware that many
of us had asked Suz for the curator position via email. Posting public requests
can be a good thing (yet another great lesson learned from Lar).

Ohhhh, DEFINITELY.  If all your requests were via private email, rather than posts,
how the heck are the rest of us going to know your NOT a bunch of lazy whiners?

This is a rather important bit of information that would have chopped off most of my
argument in .debate from the very beginning.  Too bad I'm just finding out about it
now.

And Eric - I definitely apologize for the comments about laziness, since with the
above info, it's obviously not true.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/