 Off-Topic / Debate / 16320
Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 02:16:10 GMT

...and that groups that want these things need to
appoint a curator who will do it for them.

Really? When did this process start? Suz appoints the curators last time I
checked, not the groups themselves. I've had quite a few people ask when I am
going to update .org.us.lugola. I have to point out that I'm not the curator.

He also went on to give very helpful suggestions to facilitate this endeavour.

Some of them were helpful.

K, I'm throwing my hat in the ring--I'll volunteer to be the curator for .mecha.

Fair enough. Congratulations, you are the 4th person (I think) to volunteer for
.build.mecha. To my knowledge, none of us has the position.

I know nothing about said group, and I really don't plan on building *any*
mechs in the future, tho I love looking at the mechs that y'all
build--especially yours, Eric!  You do sweet work, and it looks as if you
enjoy working with this particular medium.

If you want a know-nothing-mecha curator, there you go.

I think .build.mecha would rather have a curator that's truely passionate about
the subject matter.

The admins have enuf on their plates without getting bogged down in what
should be an internal 'who wants to be .mecha curator' problem, which is
what Larry said.

Tackle the issue that way--who wants the job?

As I've said on numerous occasions-I DO! I feel like the 5'1" kid trying to get
picked for the high school basketball team....sheesh!

Reminds me of that children's story about the mice who came up with this
brilliant idea to tie a string with a bell on it around the neck of the cat
so they could hear the cat coming--after the idea and plan were formed, no
one volunteered to do the actual job, so the cat never got the bell around
its neck.

OOOOOOkay.....It doesn't remind me of that at all, but I see your point.

Bottom line, for me, is read what was said, and don't shoot the message
'cause you don't like the messenger.

Ah, but when the messenger is giving the wrong message, I send it back.

Dave

also Dave