 Off-Topic / Debate / 16322
16321  |  16323
Subject:
Promoting Better understanding
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 04:06:35 GMT

Becasue I care about the community I'd like to give myself and everyone
another chance at promoting a better understanding.

Let me start by saying, I'm sorry for all the hassle.

I should have posted within my Lug group asking and encouraging a Curator
within our ranks.

I should have encouraged either myself of my Pal Dave Johann to take up the
reins as curator. Thanks to Rob D. for comming forward.

I should have not got so upset by the difference of opinions.

I should have done what Tom S. said and DO.

I should have not brought money into the Issue.

I should have not taken such a series tone.

I should not have used my late hours as an excuse for my annoyance.

Looking back I see that I should have respected the fact that the
Curatorships came about as a way to help ourselves.

I never whinned or complained in my book, I just met my attackers head on,
I'm no chump, I stand up for myself. But in the end all I did was bother
people and I am sorry for that.

I should have listened more.

I should have been more on top of my Life so that I may have taken on the
Curatorship myself or at least help in some way other than asking for
outside help.

I do respect all of you.

Public postings leave you open for disection. I should have known better,
and I should have tried to do everything possible before asking for help
from Suz.

I want to earn everybodies respect again.

I'll try harder to DO and be less passive.

I care about this place.

I care about everyone.

I came to Lugnet to make friends, not make people upset. I'm sorry.

I wish I could have just tried better.

If Chris Weeks says FTX is easy, then I should give it a try. I respect him
and trust his words.

I appreciate the efforts of SUZ and every Lugnet member.

I only wanted to do good. I did bad. I was impulsive in my request.

I should have asked for help by making a post for suggestions.

I dunno, I'm depressed. Sukz to be on the outs.

Can I make up for it somehow, someway, someday?

I have enough head on my shoulders to admit I was off.

I care enough to put my self out again to dry if anyone wants to hang me again.
It's more important to me to patch things up, say sorry and keep in mind
that there are always other alternatives.

I'm weird sometimes. I can't help it, but help it I must, it's no excuse.

I don't want to cast any stones. I like calm waters.

I just made a jump shot into the waste basket! Whoo Hooo!

We can have fun, I rather play and build and promote a better understanding.

If I was off base I appologize. I have the gumption to try to get things done.
Although I just keep messing up. I'll keep trying to do better.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I just felt so attacked.

In a way, because no one other than Dave has come forward to ask for
curatorship, I thought OK fine, we'll just have no Curator until someone is
finnally interested.

I was just hoping to ask for a little update until a suitable Curator could
be found. Sorry, I should have asked in that way, if that's acceptable. I
know I should have done it myself. It was a small stop gap I was looking for.

I appreciate what Suz did for us. She has asked me to Relax, I promise to do
that. But I want to some how to get back into good graces.

Please give me a chance again, I'm not a bad person. I care a great deal for
so many things. I can't make any excuses except to say I promise to learn
from my mistakes. If I keep making mistakes, well then that's bad. I haven't
fell on my face more than once so please give me another shot.

It hurt me to have some of you pound on me. I guess from your stand points,
I had it comming. I just felt attacked form all sides. Basically I could
have avoided the whole thing if I were to have just gone about it in a
different way.

I promise you all I will not repeat this again. I will ask Rob D. if he's
really serious about curatorship in .mecha and or enourage myself or others
to take on the task.

LMHoF

Well, this is it, either you accept my appologies and keep in mind that I
can see where I went wrong, or you can hold it against me. Please give me a
chance to redeem myself. Please.

I plan on building a Mechanical Cat about 3 feet long.

When I'm done. If it brings a smile to your face, please let me know that I
have made you happy and know it's the only way I know how to express myself.
It's all I have to give. The brick and I. I pour my heart into my creations.
I know we all do, some more serious than others. I would hate for my misdeed
to point you away from my creations. I so want all of you to enjoy them. I
make Lego Creations to make me happy and more importantly to show what the
Lego system is capable of.

If you responded to this giant thread, please do so again, so I have a
chance to make up with you. It's worth it in my book to promote a better
understanding.

Lastly but not least, sorry to Larry, I know I blew you off, it's just that
I really wanted to get something done. Your reply just seem to confirm that
nothing will get done unless WE DO something about it within .mecha. I'm
sorry for that, i admit I was wrong.

Sincerly,

Eric Sophie
aka
Legomaster

www.mylegomaster.com

If this is too little to late, please reconsider. I can be an ok guy,
really. Gimme a chance. You'll see. Thank you.