 Off-Topic / Debate / 16313
Re: How to get link pages made
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 17:23:51 GMT

To Eric:

The way you went about this whole issue was wrong.  Your comments left a bad
taste in my mouth.  I, along with most others, respect Suz commitment to us
but understand the she isn't Superman and can't do all.  Trying to keep up
my own pages are work, and my pages aren't that much.  Suz and the rest of
the Admin run a huge site, that they do very well if-I-do-say-so-myself.
They do all this on top of their real lives.  Cut them some slack dude.

I understand that you got your way and I'm happy for you.  However, a links
page isn't hard to build off of a generator, which you can then have admin
post a link to that.  As an alternative, FXT (or whatever the acromyn is) is
a no brainer and to make links, you can be done in minutes.  I understand
that you may be busy, but if for one half hour, you get off the couch and
got to work, you'd be done and that's it. Everyone has the time if they make
time.  The true story here is that it isn't a priority for you.  Just know
this, in the time it took for you bitch about you community's problem, you
could have made the link page and been done.  But instead, you wasted the
time to compose complaint messages and snotty comeback statements.

You're on lego.com.  Who cares?  It's cool, but it is just the same as you
posting your new work to lugnet.  Everyone sees your stuff at one time or
another, if they're interested they'll view your whole site.

Tired or not, rude is rude.  Either be polite at night (or whenever your
schedule has you tired and cranky) or keep quiet until morning.

Rally your lazy community for a curator or take the position yourself, but
the real way to get action is to do it yourself.  When you do nothing, you
have no reason complain about nothing getting done.

Best Regards,

J Scott

To Suz:

I commend you for supporting the community you created, even after you
partner lost initiative.  I understand that you are very busy and I would
never treat you unfairly like you were.  I congratulate you for putting up
with the trash that has been going on lately with the parties surronding
this problem.  I respect you for pulling through for them, even after they
treated you unfairly.

You are a role model for us all.

Thanks a ton,

Jeremy Scott