 Administrative / Curators / 111
Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 21:02:31 GMT

"LUGNET Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> writes:
For me, even taking the time to automate recurring tasks, or to assign a
task responsibility to someone else, takes more time than I have.

For example, I opened up LUGNET's newsgroup webpage sidebars to outside
editors ('curators') before having a tutorial or FAQ in place to help them
get started (other than the existing FTX help pages). So the job looks more
complicated than it really is, and I get questions from people that I should
have headed off.

Now that the concept of curatorships has passed its initial 'test flight',
my plan is to develop a few pages for incomming potential curators,
including a directory of existing curators, and only THEN, make a big call
for more volunteers.
[...]

Perhaps one or more of the existing curators who have figured out how
it is done can be drafted to write such instructions....?

Remember the 3 most important things in management: "delegate,
delegate, delegate."

--Bill.

AMAZING BUT TRUE: There is so much sand in northern Africa that if it were
                  spread out it would completely cover the Sahara Desert!