 Off-Topic / Debate / 16305
Re: How to get link pages made
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 02:10:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Sophie writes:
Guys, were only talking about a Few People here.

The average number of participants in .mecha have no relation to my not
having time to make sure its links are up to date.

Look, Mladen Pejic was the only recent addition and that's close to a
Year ago, I'm happy for Him. His site totally deserves to be added. It
was there and he got a New URL, then he had no trouble getting onto
the list,

You can be sure it's nothing personal. I don't make any calls as to what
'deserves' to be added.

did he do it himself? or did someone care enough a year ago to
help him out and put his new site URL to replace the old one.

I probably responded to his e-mail in my available time. Sending e-mail to
me is normally effective. I'm sorry if your past requests fell between cracks.

Now. I would have -never- have brought up money issues, but since you did,
you'll get my response:

And about the money. We all paid our dues. If anyone did'nt they should.

Actually, Eric, according to your self-imposed membership fee, you owe
LUGNET money. You mentioned that you're in fact planning to send an
additional payment. I appreciate that and look forward to receiving it.
Because in all honesty... and to be quite blunt about it... in the amount of
time I've spent on this matter already today, by reading and posting replies
to this thread, I feel I have well earned what was already contributed.

If we all opened our pockets as much as we could, perhaps we
would'nt be in such a bind.

Probably right. Everyone should take this post very seriously:
  http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=1577
Finding funding for LUGNET is my top priority now, and takes an astronomical
amount of time and energy. It is what I spent most of today working on.

Lugnet still has an obigation to the community even if there are but a

Let me make this perfectly clear:
  LUGNET (ie, yours truly) is under NO such obligation.

You want someone to come forward to run .mecha - well nobody can or
will at this point for many reasons.

Actually, I dont care if .mecha has a curator or not. I'm not asking that
the group come up with one. It's merely a fact that having one is how some
other groups keep their links up to date.

If anyone by now has one Iota of an Idea of how happy it would make
me to see the links updated, I'd buy you dinner and a Lego set.

cool!  I accept.  :-)

Look, the other thing that you folks are missing is, we don't need a
revolving updated list of insane proportions.

I understand that.

So your saying Suz that were just unimportant enough to add to the
links list, well that stinks.

Please, remind me where I said that.. (?)

I'm featured on the Official Lego Web-Site, that's the real deal!

I'm glad for you, but special treatment isn't the way we work here. As I
stated above, I make no judgments about what's more or less worthy of being
linked to in the .mecha sidebar.

I'm asking for Help, I asked please, I understand there are limitations
in people power. Please for a Freind of Lego for crying out loud!

There's no need to get upset. I have not refused to update the links.

But please notice, I have yet to. Truth is, they take a lower priority to
the activity in threads that touch admin groups. I've had to deal with this
first.

If your busy right now, then what about next week, or the week after, or
next month? Can you fix our links in two months from now? Next year?

I will make every effort to do so before I retire for the evening. But be
warned, that may be 1 or 2 a.m. EST

And Larry I post here because I don't agree with you at all.

BTW, any arguing of impropper management of LUGNET, whether it's done in
off-topic debate or not, is still directed squarely at me. Also, using that
group does not make it acceptable to be rude and irrational.

-Suz

[1] Reminder- everyone can view their account status by going to their
member profile page:
    http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=[your member number]
and clicking 'edit profile', then scroll to the bottom of the form.