 Administrative / Curators / 125
124  |  126
Subject:
Chain of command (Was:Re: How to get link pages made)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 01:49:39 GMT

In lugnet.admin.curators, Ben Roller writes:

<snip>...but I guess some
people won't be happy until they hear from the "official" source.

Darn right! Far too many times has info been 'given' by one of LUGNET's
policemen (myself included), only to be corrected by Suz at a later time. I
learned my lesson long ago to let the 'official' source answer rather than to
incur the wrath of the multitudes by handing out 'not quite right' info. Lar
might be right a good chunk of the time, but that doesn't make him Suz. Until
he's given the title of LUGNET admin, many will second-guess him. That's just
the nature of the beast.

If I want information concerning a subject at work, I go to the store manager-
not the employee who might have overheard her talking about what I want to know.
The difference is that I'd ask her directly (email) rather than shouting my
request across the store.

Instead I had to fend off the Masses who didn't care for our plight.

If the masses of Lugnet don't care, why should the admin(s) take the time to
fix it away from working on stuff we care about?  I for one don't give a
darn about Mecha (I've never liked it) but that has nothing to do with your
request.  The fact that it was about .mecha doesn't matter except that it's
the one you're referring to.  If .town needed a curator, but nobody cared
enough to step up, I think you'd see the same reply.

You miss the point entirely, Ben. Someone did step up, but never got a response
to the request. Only when I 'stepped down' from requesting did Eric step in to
ask for a resolution. Personally, I don't care who curates .build.mecha.
However, I do care that there is a curator there. The group recieves many more
postings daily than most groups (some that even have curators), yet still has no
curator after multiple requests for updates. That strikes me as a bit odd.

By the way, in the time you spent arguing about this you could have learned
FTX ten times.  It's just that easy, and I'd volunteer to keep your links
updated except that I wouldn't want to have to visit all of those mecha
pages periodically. :)

No problem. It's not your thing. I can respect that. All we've been asking for
is for someone mecha-oriented to have the position rather than letting it sit in
limbo.

Ben Roller

-Dave