 Administrative / Curators / 122
Re: How to get link pages made
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 12:40:35 GMT

In lugnet.admin.curators, Eric Sophie writes:
I would have been happy to just wait for your response or
that of someone from your Admin staff to address the issue.

This seems to express a basic misunderstanding of the way Lugnet is run.
From what I can tell, there is no "Admin staff" around here.  The
administration of Lugnet is done by fans who have been major contributors to
the community(1), who stepped up when there was a need.  Todd originally,
and now mostly Suz handles the major decisions, but Larry, Dan, etc (I see
those two more than not, but I don't always notice names) are good enough
when it comes to stuff like this.  Larry answered your question, first
politely and then closer to the tone of your own posts, but I guess some
people won't be happy until they hear from the "official" source.

Instead I had to fend off the Masses who didn't care for our plight.

If the masses of Lugnet don't care, why should the admin(s) take the time to
fix it away from working on stuff we care about?  I for one don't give a
darn about Mecha (I've never liked it) but that has nothing to do with your
request.  The fact that it was about .mecha doesn't matter except that it's
the one you're referring to.  If .town needed a curator, but nobody cared
enough to step up, I think you'd see the same reply.

By the way, in the time you spent arguing about this you could have learned
FTX ten times.  It's just that easy, and I'd volunteer to keep your links
updated except that I wouldn't want to have to visit all of those mecha
pages periodically. :)

Ben Roller

(1.) Whether it be through tech support time, server costs, or just plain
posting relevance or insightfulness.