 Off-Topic / Debate / 16311
Re: How to get link pages made
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 15:00:17 GMT

Eric Sophie wrote:

I don't expect Admin to do the work for us.

Yet you did.  You made a scene until Suz finally spent some time (on something
she had NO expectations to do so by anyone, it seems, except you) to update your
links.

Yet again I state - you could have learned FTX by now and updated the links.

The next time they are out of date, what are you going to do if you still haven't
found a curator yet?  Cry out for help again, rather than DOING?

You still haven't gotten my point, have you?

The curatorship came about as a way to help ourselves. There is way to much
work to expect it to be done for us.

Yet you made a fuss until it was done for you.

I see your post as just adding negativity and your way of saying that this
is all a big mess and annoying at that.

Feel free to only see the negative - if you're that way in real life, you're
going to be pretty bitter after a while.

You obviously missed the simple point I had, even when I was being blunt to get
it across (there's a reason for the bluntness - reading the other posts, it seems
nothing but bluntness was working with you, and evidently even that doesn't
work).

I feel that way, and frankly if you
look past the hassle and everyone slamming me, you would see that I just
asked for help, I said please and I directed the issue to Lugnet Leadership.
Get involved if you wish.

Um, my point (since you still haven't gotten it) - YOU get involved.  DO.  If you
want it done, DO.  Don't ask "outsiders" for help, especially for something as
simple as updating some links.

BTW, have you considered having multiple curators, since you're all obviously the
busiest people in the world?

Your not helping.

Only because you're not listening.

Where's the support, where is
the kindness? Do you goto church? I love my Cat.

Your out of touch.

You are definitely out of touch.  Or maybe you ARE in touch with GenX and expect
everyone else to do everything for you.

What else?

The point is moot anyhow, Suz hooked us up and I was very happy. I know that
from here on the .mecha group will just have to take on the responsibility.
I'm cool with that, do you see all the hassle I went thru just to get to
that point. Do you think I want to cause probelms or annoy "everyone" No. I
just want something done about our links. Break my Back for not becomming
the curator of .mecha. I see now it would have been smart for me to do it
and on the other hand I would have just pee'd people off by not being able
to keep the list up to date. I just couldn't commit to it. What's wrong with
that. So I should suffer instead? Our links should just suffer as well.

Do you really think keeping one simple page up to date is going to monopolize all
your time?  Get real.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/