 Off-Topic / Debate / 12851
Re: Response to Misinformation (Some other perspectives on the tragedy)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 13:00:08 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Johann writes:

I wish that were possible, but those responsible just won't learn from
merciful acts. You idea would have merit if we weren't talking about
religious zealots who fallow a faulty code of honor. Fanatics can't be
reasoned with. The key is to stop them from achieving their goal. If
you don't believe me, I'll just post a couple of names here to
illustrate my point: David Koresh and Tim McVeigh.

You don't specifically state this, but it seems the suggestion is that Koresh
was a terrorist.  You do know that that's incorrect, don't you?  And further,
that he (and his) was(were) victimized by the US people -- rather than the
other way around, as with these terrorists?

Chris