 Off-Topic / Debate / 12669
Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 23:58:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Stanley writes:

I don't care about understanding them.  I care about making the people who
train them, the people who house them, the people who fund them understand
that they can be made to suffer horrible consequences if they continue to do
so.

This attitude *will* result in escalation of violence and the deaths of more
innocent people.

These hideous acts were committed by your brothers and my sisters. And if
they are willing to die for their cause, I think it's only humane to assume
they have a reason for doing so.

Screw that.  They are not my brothers and sisters.  I don't give a **** what
their reasons were.  They were murderous subhuman monsters and to even
suggest that they deserve to be understood is insane.

They were more likely people who had been taught to see Americans as the
ultimate enemy. Murderous they may have been, but they weren't subhuman or
monsters, and besides, they're dead now. And the organisers' identities are
still largely unknown. (You know - those people who prefer to send others to
their death for a cause.)

So please don't go calling people names - it won't help anyone.

ROSCO