 General / 33161
33160  |  33162
Subject:
Some other perspectives on the tragedy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 05:02:16 GMT

Hey everybody,

There really aren't adequate words to describe the events of the past few
days, but I would urge all of you to click the link below and read all the
articles under the heading: "Reactions to the Terror."  They are the only
rational and informed discussions of this horrible tragedy that I have found
and I believe that they provide an alternate perspective through which to
filter the angry rhetoric and sword-rattling that is being thrust at us all
by the media.  We must not forget the people who died, but we should also
remember that responding to violence with more violence will not make things
better.

David Simmons

http://www.zmag.org/ZNET.htm