 General / 33163
Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 05:50:10 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Simmons writes:
Hey everybody,

We must not forget the people who died, but we should also
remember that responding to violence with more violence will not make things
better.

David Simmons

http://www.zmag.org/ZNET.htm

I don't fully agree. No more terrorists=no more terrorist acts. Somehow, these
fanatics need to understand 'Don't mess with us, or we'll take you down
permanently'. Right now, we're a laughing stock in Iraq because Saddam is still
doing as he pleases. Is this fair or right? Nope. Think about the last time he
stepped out of line. Some amount of violence is needed to keep the fanatics of
the world in check.

-Dave