 Off-Topic / Debate / 12691
12690  |  12692
Subject:
Response to Misinformation (Some other perspectives on the tragedy)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:30:38 GMT

This is a response to random acts of absolute disinformation perpetrated by
many in the discussion of Arab terrorism, of what our response should be,
and the Palestinian plight - and whatever else spues forth from my inability
to contain myself any longer.

Tuesday's events were not brought on by a few moments passion -- but rather
by the dreadful premeditation of weeks, perhaps months.  What kind of person
could do this kind of thing?  Someone without hope.  Someone who thinks
their back is against the wall.  Someone who feels loveless.  Someone
absolutely willing to die for the sake of the others around them. Someone
willing to make such a sacrifice even if it all comes to nothing.  Someone
who will exchange their life for the sake of making the gesture, or even
just trying to do so.

This is a wonderful fiction, and well written. Unfortunately it is a
vertically arranged mass of male bovine fecal matter!! (pile of B.S.)

I am dumb-founded by how utterly ridiculous this is. It sounds enlightened
and warm and fuzzy. But what a load of floggin' dung!!

These were not desperate, "loveless" (gag), hopeless men. They were
heartless, mindless pawns who were brainwashed by religious madmen who had
not the courage to perform the act themselves. They were used and discarded,
manipulated by unscrupulous zealots who, again, brainwash others to do what
they are unwilling to.

By their own admission, this had nothing to do with having their backs being
against any wall!! What wall?! They were not "willing to die for the sake of
others". They did it because they were told it would earn them a place in
"paradise" with many virgins.

They themselves have said that it was in response to U.S. support of Israel.
Period!

So please, take your namby pamby feel good psycho babble "try to understand"
pap elsewhere. It has no basis in fact.

This is no different than when we were bombarding Lebanon back in '83. The
Arab terrorist groups were upset that we were supporting Israel and set off
several bombs. Syrian anti-aircraft batteries targeted our planes and we let
'em have it. Later, they planted more bombs saying it was in response to our
bombardment - totally ingnorant of the fact that they started it!!

And this someone was not alone, they were legion. The
acts of Tuesday were not committed by a single deranged madman, they were
executed in concert by a class of persons somewhere in the world -- and are
they ever pissed off!  Mind you, I am not justifying them -- I am trying to
understand them.  I am trying to think of what it would take to make me want
to do the same things...

More pap! Again, it sounds good, and makes one feel above it all,
enlightened, etc. Yet dead wrong. There are no deep hidden meanings to be
found - just base human sickness.

These hideous acts were committed by your brothers and my sisters. And if
they are willing to die for their cause, I think it's only humane to assume
they have a reason for doing so.

Even more unbelievable! Our "brothers and sisters"?! Drivel! Comments cannot
be formed which can deal with this nonsense.

Some have stated that the terrorists have done this because of U.S. actions
throughout the world. By that logic then, we should bomb the stuffing out of
them because of THEIR actions throughout the world.

Others have mentioned Palestinian oppression. (Here I go again!) What a crock.
First off, Palestine/Palestinian are misnomers. I realize that they are the
current reality, yet misnomers none the less. The area became known as
Palestine only after the Romans quashed the Jewish rebellion leading to the
Diaspora. They called it Palestine in order to mock the Jews and rub their
noses in it. The people who settled this new "Palestine" were Arabs from
other existing nationalities. In '48 the West Bank was a Jordanian territory
and the Palestinians were Jordanian citizens. Under Arab control, Palestine
fell into ruin! In '64, when the PLO came into existence, their constitution
did not mention Jerusalem even once. In fact, it was not even used as much
of a holy site. They used another mosque in a town some miles away for
prayer. Then, in the Six Day War in '67, Israel took the West Bank and Gaza,
and declared Jerusalem as their capital (yes, I know a declaration was made
in 1950, but it was not efficacious until '67, and even until '80 when the
Knessett passed a law declaring it their "eternal capital"). After this, the
PLO redrafted their constitution - now mentioning Jerusalem some 500 times!!
Hmmmm.

The PLO routinely instigates stone-throwing mobs of women and children while
they place snipers and others with rifles in the rear of the stone-throwing
mobs - so that when Israel returns fire, they end up injuring the
stone-throwers and not the cowardly snipers who hide in the rear (using
their own defensless woman and children as shields). This is the same
cowardice mentioned above in regard to the religious brainwashers! I have
seen with my own eyes, Palestinian elementary school children engaged in a
school play where they have fashioned axes and knives out of cardboard and
aluminum foil and act out hacking Jews to death! Why? Because they have
their backs against a wall? Because they are loveless and hopeless?! No!
It's because they, too, are brainwashed pawns being USED by wicked people
who want nothing more than to see Israel "driven into the sea"!!!

Back to Palestinian oppression. Israel does not bulldoze houses or fire on
crowds without provocation. They do it in response to terrorists who draw
firstblood. They have an obligation to protect their own citizenry. Israel
is not the oppressive occupier. They took those lands in response to Arab
attacks, who again drew firstblood. In recent negotiations, Palestinians
have been offered more than what they wanted - and they turned it down,
proving that they don't mean what they say. They have autonomy in the West
Bank and Gaza under the Palestinian Authority. They forfeit it by their
continued acts of terrorism. Should Israel just sit by and "try to
understand" the bombings?! There is nothing to understand. This is about
racial hatred and a desire to eradicate Israel - NOT about the drivel
mentioned above. Their so-called oppression is self imposed.

I realize that they lost their homes in '48 after the UN resolution. That
does not justify their violence. 80+% of Palestinians are content to live in
Jordan as citizens. Others are content to live in Israel as citizens.
"Palestine" will never be returned to them - they must come to terms with
this somehow and move on.

That's all for now,

Bill